• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Showcase item becoming unlinked?

Ludachris

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Any reason why a member would have his showcase item become unlinked? I have linked it to a thread once, and a moderator has linked it twice now. It's become unlinked twice. How would this happen?

only way that could happen is if the item_edit template has been modified that messes up the template syntax methodolgy that I have set for whether or not the viewing user is able to manage thread association. It almost sounds like there is logic messed up so that when those moderators are doing something, its hiding BOTH ways of sending the thread_id data on the form, so the DW automatically sets it back to unassociated.

Post your nflj_showcase_item_edit template here (or in a PM) so I can verify that part.

The nflj_showcase_item_edit template is unmodified. Here it is:

*snip* removed since its unmodified..

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, then the only other way is to actually un associate it (a Moderator would have to physically set it to zero). (btw, I removed the template since its unmodified).

Unlike the Resource Manager, when you move a showcase item to another category, it won't un associate the discussion thread, so its not that (just saying in case that happened)

It COULD be another addon that changes the discussion_type field which then showcase would automatically un associate since the discussion_type field is no longer 'showcase_item'. Also, if a POLL is added to a discussion thread, that would do it as well (as Polls require the use of the discussion_type field) (note: same thing applies to resources, you can't have a poll on a RM Thread).

So it looks like it's happening when the user edits their item after me or the mods link the thread. I know in at least a couple cases the items were newly created and already had a thread automatically created for it, and we just overwrote the thread with and older thread. Then when the user went back in and edited their profile it cleared the field.

I'll keep troubleshooting. I can't see how it would be anything with the discussion_type changing and there aren't any polls in the threads in question. I went ahead and prevented polls from being created in that forum (through the User Essentials plugin we're using).

My only other guess would be that you are giving users the MODERATOR permission to manage thread association and that needs to be changed on your end (as I CAN reproduce it that way, but that is not using the permissions correctly). You should not give users any MODERATOR permissions at all. There is a reason why the permissions are separated between USER permissions and MODERATOR permissions.

Im going to make some adjustments to both code and template to prevent this, but in the mean time, the best thing to do is edit those user groups and remove that moderator permission from them as that is NOT set correctly.

You're a genius Bob, that was it. I had forgotten to change the permission back after trying to allow users to do the association themselves.

Back