• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Showcase Images Slider

DaveM

Showcase
How do I get that sliding effect with the showcase images displaying at the top of the forum. I can only get my one to remain fixed !

Do you mean AUTO slide? If so, that is not a core function, however, I've included the javascript vars in some of the templates that can be un commented that will enable autoslide.

edit template: nflj_showcase_node_list_items

find this towards the top of the template (starts at line 15) and un comment out the auto controls (remove // in front of the 3 lines)
HTML:
        $('.sliderNodeListItems').bxSlider({
            //auto: true,
            //autoControls: true,
            //pause: 3000,

slideWidth: 234,
            minSlides: 1,
            maxSlides: 8,
            slideMargin: 10,
            pager: false
        });

So it should now look like this then

Code:
            //auto: true,
            autoControls: true,
            //pause: 3000,

});

no... all 3 of those lines need to be un commented. You only un commented the middle one.

like this...
Code:
            auto: true,
            autoControls: true,
            pause: 3000,

});

Ok thanks I see it now auto scrolls but the one you have here you have the arrows on each side to manually scroll it, that is more what I am after

If you have custom style, you need to move all the showcase images into that style as well (same path). Thats why the arrows are not displaying.

the core xf default style uses the path /styles/default

Some styles change that to /styles/style_name

showcase ships with its images in /styles/default/nflj/showcase/(all of the showcase folders and images)

so, if you are using a style that has its own path you need to move showcase images (full path) into that style like so

/styles/style_name/nflj/showcase/(all of the showcase folders and images)

This is no different for any other addon.

I am new to XF and not much into coding so it is not so easy for me to understand these things. I have two custom styles running light and a dark. I also just noticed that the dark one it does not format into the style and looks like this.

Capture.PNG

No worries Mate.. Im sure you will pick things up fast.

As far as the custom styles go... not every custom style is going to be 100% perfect as they only cover core XF classes. Showcase (like the Resource Manager) is a HUGE add with a TON of custom CSS that isn't covered by core XF classes. You are going to have to do some tweaking to the custom showcase CSS classes (specially with dark styles). There is a thread here about how to tweak the slider for a DARK style (I don't have the link memorized or I'd post it) (will look for it now).

Ok don't worry about that tweaking the style to look correct right now as I think I have this documented some place as I had to do the tweak for my other WiKi add on as well. It is just this arrow thing as I see in the default style it works. Looks like dark styles are high maintenance to have running.

lol We posted at the same time

The problem with your images is what I explained above. You are using a custom style that changes the default path established by core XF, so to fix that, you need to copy the default showcase folder structure/images into the NEW path structure that your style developer decided to use for their custom style. Once you do that, they will display.

Ok I have set it to manual scroll with the arrows right and left. Now something strange is happening when you scroll right on the first time it seems to show the correct images for a sec and then jump back to the start position. On the next go it seems to miss out the middle images and jump to the last set. I think you would have to have a look at it as I am not sure I am coming across correctly here lol Try it here http://www.triumphtalk.com/

It seems that when it wants to display this item it jumps like it does to the next few http://www.triumphtalk.com/showcase/triumph-speedmaster.6/

Last edited:
Back