• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Showcase Find New Tab Order

ibaker

AMS
Showcase
Pick'em
Bob, is there any way I can change the tab order on the find_new page i.e. when a user clicks on new posts...thanks

Bob, is there any way I can change the tab order on the find_new page i.e. when a user clicks on new posts...thanks
There isn't an option for that (if there was, it would be a core xenforo option as that is part of the find new controller). The only thing you could do would be to mess around with the Callback Execution Order on any of the Code Event Listeners that are extending the load_class_controller that is using an Event Hint: XenForo_ControllerPublic_FindNew). If this is over your head, then its best to not mess around with it and get someone that knows what they are doing.

Thanks Bob, I can change them all in setting their call back priority order but not the Showcase tab as I can't find where it's call back order is listed. This is my current order:
1.jpg

Tabs 3, 4, 5 and 6 I can rearrange no problem however the Showcase tab (New Aircraft Listed) is stuck in the number 2 slot whereas I would like it to be at slot 5

Works just fine for me. As for finding, its in the same location as the others. If you can find the others, there is no reason why you can't find showcase.

Step 1. ALWAYS filter the list with the type of listener you are looking for. In this case, I specifically mentioned the 'load_class_controller', so you should have pasted that into the filter box.
Step 2. Find the Addon Name (Showcase) and under that will the the listing of ALL 'load_class_controller' that showcase is extending (7 of them).
Step 3. Look at the description of each one. Most developers clearly state what its for.

Selection_058.png

Here are the default settings for Showcase (10) , XFMG (10) and XFRM (11). Both Showcase and XFMG are set at 10, so its a matter of the system executing one or the other first, but XFRM will always be after both of those, because it is set at 11.

SHOWCASE

Selection_054.png

XFMG

Selection_057.png

XFRM

Selection_056.png

And as you can see, Showcase is 1st, then XFMG and last XFRM.

Selection_053.png

Lets change Showcase to 22 (which is a higher number than 11) and see what happens...

Selection_055.png

By changing the execution order to 22, the New Showcase Items tab is now at the end.

Selection_052.png

Thanks Bob, unfortunately I am still using v2.2.1 which does not have the find_new class. Trying to update to 2.5 but receiving error taking the first step to 2.3 (see post in support forum)

Back