• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Show character count while typing (Min Review Summary Length)

Cmely

Showcase
This is a little addition and maybe not an essential tool, but it would be nice to have a counter showing character count while typing a review summary.

This would allow to avoid "save to check if count is ok"...and it would be a little more visible than the phrase below the "Save" button.

Upvote 0
The 'Submit Review' button should be disabled until the minimum character amount is reached. If its not doing that for you, that is a bug (or you might not be using the most current version that disabled the 'Submit Review' button).

Can you test these for me really quick...

When a REVIEW is REQUIRED, the Submit Review button should be disabled on initial rendering because it requires a summary of more than 1 character. If there is NO minimum character requirement, as soon as you type 1 character, the Submit Review button should now be active (since the requirements have now been met).

When a REVIEW is NOT REQUIRED, the submit button SHOULD be enabled, because they need to be able to just submit the RATING. HOWEVER, if you have also set a Min Character requirement on the Summary, if they CHOOSE to submit a REVIEW, they will need to meet the minimum character requirement. Once they start typing, the 'Submit Review' button will be disabled until the min characters are met.

Well Bob, as usual, I'm typing faster than I'm thinking and I've just realised now that the "Submit review" button was being disabled until you reach the minimum amount.

When a REVIEW is REQUIRED, the Submit Review button should be disabled on initial rendering because it requires a summary of more than 1 character. If there is NO minimum character requirement, as soon as you type 1 character, the Submit Review button should now be active (since the requirements have now been met).
Yes, this is correct.

When a REVIEW is NOT REQUIRED, the submit button SHOULD be enabled, because they need to be able to just submit the RATING. HOWEVER, if you have also set a Min Character requirement on the Summary, if they CHOOSE to submit a REVIEW, they will need to meet the minimum character requirement. Once they start typing, the 'Submit Review' button will be disabled until the min characters are met.
Yes, this is correct too.

Even if it's even less necessary that what I was saying in my initial post, I still think that this character counter (like in twitter post for instance) could be a nice little ergonomic addition...if one of those days you have nothing to do !! :D:eek:;)

I'll leave this open as it might be something easy to slip in (the count indicator)

Back