1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Show all images on Gallery Tab

Discussion in 'Showcase Support' started by nrep, Nov 3, 2014.

1. nrep

nrep Member Showcase

I've made some tweaks to enable user to insert images in to the main showcase item text, which is great for showing important images. However when this is used it means that any inline attachments are no longer shown in the gallery tab.

Is there a way around this so that all attachments appear in the gallery tab?

I took a look at nflj_showcase_item_image_gallery, but from what I can see it looks like it tries to use all images available in the $item.attachments loop?

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

This is core XF behavior and would require CODE (not template) modification.

3. nrep

nrep Member Showcase

4. Bob

Well, one thing you could try (requires code modification AND template modification.

In the showcase controller (actionView), clone the attachments array and send that clone in as its own viewParam.. ie add the below to the $viewParams for the actionView of the showcase controller

'galleryAttachments' => $item['attachments']

Then modify the gallery template to use $galleryAttachments instead of $item.attachments

nrep likes this.
  5. nrep

nrep Member Showcase

Thanks Bob, I'll give that a try today :).

6. nrep

nrep Member Showcase

Woohoo :D. Thank you Bob! That works a treat :).

Is this something that you'd consider adding as an option for the showcase gallery options page given that it's a minor tweak? I know that I should ideally create a suggestions thread, but as you've already solved the problem I thought I'd suggest it here.

Thanks again, you really support your products well.

Bob likes this.
  7. Bob

Awesome :) I need to make some tweaks related to attachments anyway, so when I do, I'll look into it.

nrep likes this.
  8. nrep

nrep Member Showcase

Thank you so much! I'll keep the hard coded changes in place on the site for now, then hopefully in the next version I can just tick a box :D. Do you think there's a chance it may make it to the next release?

9. Bob

No, the next release(s) are featured locked already.

10. nrep

nrep Member Showcase

OK, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it in future releases. Thanks for letting me know :).

11. Joe Link

Joe Link New Member AMS Premium CAS Premium RMS Premium SC Premium

Tried to search for more info on this, is it an option now? If not, might the above instructions still work?

12. Bob

You can do what I mentioned. There is nothing built in to handle it (its doing what its supposed to be doing as designed by core XF).

Joe Link likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.