• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Selectable Cover Image for Item

M

Mathis Neumann

Hi there,
I noticed to change the main image showcase uses to display the item you basicly would need to reupload every image, but start with the new "logo" as the first upload, am I right?

Because I know that you want to use the xenforo attachment system, I would suggest a button like "select title image" which will then display the all uploaded images, you click on one and that one will be the new main image. I think that would make things a lot easier and should not be a feature which works against the xenforo attachment system.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Had a quick look and can't see anything on here, but this was also suggested on XF

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/showcase-paid.40597/page-12#post-469846

Would it be possible to choose which image is the one used for the "Cover Image" as I know my members will be wanting to change and update them, but it's going to be a pain having to delete all the current images, and re-uploading them each time they want to change it?

Quite happy to add some extra $$ in if this would require some extra development work :)

Its something that I have written down on the TODO list. I've kinda held off doing much attachment stuff waiting to find out more about xf 1.2.0 and the attachments system (if there are any planned changes). In the mean time, I've thought about tweaking what I've done and changing it from the FIRST attachment to using the LAST attachment as that would be a hell of a lot easier to swap out. But yes, the notes that I have on the white board are to make it "select-able"

Its definately a x.X.x bit of functionality.

Almost finished up with this new feature (which is the last major bit of functionality that will be included with 1.3.0)

Oh I can't wait for the next release!

Reactions: Bob
YO THAT WASSUP MAN IT WAS BECOMING SUCH A PAIN to have to delete everything then re-add just to get the first image to work

This is now fully implemented.

How it works:

Step 1. Upload images and save taking you back to the item view.
Step 2. Click on the 'Set Cover Image' link in the "Tools" Block in the item sidebar (Tools Block is new for 1.3.0).
Step 3. Select a Cover Image and press the Set Cover Image button
Step 4. Smile :D

A couple things to be aware of.

If the item has images uploaded, but you have not set a cover image, the system will set the first attachment result from the attachments array as the cover image.

If you have an image set as the cover image and you edit the item and delete that image, the system will default back to using the first attachment in the array of attachments as the cover image.

Swapping Cover Images now takes less than 5 seconds to achieve (Click, select, save) DONE!

If the Viewing User has permission to EDIT the item, they have permission to change the cover image.

Back