• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned SC3.0: One click sorting & Default item image

Sadiq6210

Showcase
Hello,

I am just upgrading test forum and playing with SC3.0, from first look I missed 2 things:

1. One click sorting:
There were tabs to sort the items by one click only, this was very useful
upload_2019-1-5_0-56-3.png

2. Default item image:
If there is no image, then this default image will be displayed:
upload_2019-1-5_0-58-2.png
But in SC3.0, author avatar will be displayed if there is no image for the item. Please make this as same as SC2 (No item image = default image)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Both of these have changed in XF2 due to UI changes.

I am using the XenForo standardized Filters system (which includes sorting). This new UI standard is used throughout XenForo, XFRM and XFMG. Its not something that will be changing unless Core XF developers make changes to the UI.

As for the default image. Layouts in SC 3.0 are much different than SC 2.x. IIRC, the only place the default (No Image) placeholder was used was in the OLD Grid View (which was from XFMG), Tile View and News View II (none of those are even used anymore).

If an item has a Cover Image, that is what will be displayed on the layout. If the item does not have a cover image and the Category has a Category Image (set per category), the Category Image will display. Lastly, if there is neither a Cover Image or Category Image, the Standard XF User Avatar will be displayed. I have no plans to change this for List View or Grid View. I do have plans for more layouts and those plans will include a 3rd option (no image place holder) that comes into play instead of the Avatar.

I can understand your concern about the filter options and to follow XF2 standards.

Regardind the default image

If an item has a Cover Image, that is what will be displayed on the layout. If the item does not have a cover image and the Category has a Category Image (set per category), the Category Image will display. Lastly, if there is neither a Cover Image or Category Image, the Standard XF User Avatar will be displayed.

Can I use the same concept in SC3 grid view? Can I put a category image for all categories to avoid user avatar?

Thanks

Can I use the same concept in SC3 grid view? Can I put a category image for all categories to avoid user avatar?
Yes. If you add a Category content image to a Category, any items in that Category that do not have cover images, will use the Category content image.

Here you can see that this item does not have any attachments uploaded to it (so no cover image can be set).

Selection_955.png

The Category currently does not have a Category content image, so the Authors avatar displays.

Selection_957.png

Here I've added a Category content image to the Showcase Example category and uploaded the image to the server.

Selection_958.png

And now items in that category that do not have cover images will display the Category content image instead of the Avatar.

Selection_956.png

Yes. If you add a Category content image to a Category, any items in that Category that do not have cover images, will use the Category content image.

Here you can see that this item does not have any attachments uploaded to it (so no cover image can be set).

View attachment 5146

The Category currently does not have a Category content image, so the Authors avatar displays.

View attachment 5144

Here I've added a Category content image to the Showcase Example category and uploaded the image to the server.

View attachment 5143

And now items in that category that do not have cover images will display the Category content image instead of the Avatar.

View attachment 5145

Then no problem
This is what we need, I hope that the category image for main category will be applied in the sub-categories, otherwise, I will need to add image for 37 categories :ninja:

I hope that the category image for main category will be applied in the sub-categories, otherwise, I will need to add image for 37 categories :ninja:
No, it only applies to the specific category that the item is located in (on purpose). You can edit each of those 37 and use the same category image name tho.

Back