• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resizing Thumbnail Images

3rd angle

Showcase
Hi Bob,
I have been trying to get a uniform sized thumbnails across all Showcase items especially in showcase index... but in vain.

This is the nflj_showcase_index.css edit i made..

Code:
.Thumbnail
                {
                    width: 140px;
                    height: 130px;
                    line-height: 100px;
                    display: block;
                    background: @content.background-color;
                    border: 0px solid @primaryLighterStill;
                    text-align: center;
                    vertical-align: middle;
                    float: left;
                }

.Thumbnail img
                    {
                        max-width: 180px;
                        max-height: 200px;
                        _width: 150px;
                        _height: 100px;
                        padding: 0;
                        margin: 0;
                        vertical-align: middle;
                    }

The problem with this is that when the sizes of the images being uploaded are different.. the thumbnail sizes are different and doesn't extend tot he maximum limit. The attached will show you what i am trying to say. For illustration purpose i have uploaded 3 pics.. 1st is a landscape, 2nd a portrait and the last is a really big image... the landscape image deosn't extend towards the bottom... the portrait doesn't extend towards right....adn so on...I have taken out all borders and containers

Attachments

• SC question.jpg
    SC question.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 6
everything is Core Xenforo as far as image uploading goes. I use the same methods as in the Resource Manager and in Discussion Threads. You'd need to modify core xenforo to change the thumbnail generation process or use CSS tricks to create squared thumbs.

you might want to take a peak at Jaxels new attachments viewer thingy he made. He does all squares. Not sure how well it handles really ODD sized shapes tho. Its all done via CSS.

Back