• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Reply to Comments

Came here to suggest this. Expanding the comment system in the showcase section to behave more like a thread would be great for us that don't want to dedicate forums to showcases.

OK, I am a bit confused... seems like some want it like THREAD Posts and others want it like Profile Posts. Could you please respond when you get a change to which one you are asking about? (Each of you).

OK, I am a bit confused... seems like some want it like THREAD Posts and others want it like Profile Posts. Could you please respond when you get a change to which one you are asking about? (Each of you).
Thanks for considering it Bob.

Of course it should be similar to the Profile Posts & Comments.

IMHO there's no point of making it like Thread, because we already have the ability to integrate with Threads (Discussion Thread Id). If we want serious discussion we can enable Thread Integration.

I agree with Veer. For example, if I post on someones showcase I will never receive an alert that they replied.

Its probably similar. I've been holding out hope that core XF would come out with an update to profile comments.

Just a quick sneak peek (final release may look slightly different once all functionality associated with it is complete).

As you can see, you can now reply to a comment. This is permission driven (new permission 'Reply to comments').
Selection_026.png

This image shows the Post Reply input box (basically the same as on the users profile page)

Selection_027.png

I agree with Veer. For example, if I post on someones showcase I will never receive an alert that they replied.

You will now...

If you make a comment on someone else's item and someone replies to your comment, you will get an alert (each time).

If you make a reply to a comment on someone else's item and someone else replies to that same comment, you will receive an alert (each time).

If you own the item and someone creates a new comment, you will get an alert

If you own the item and someone replies to any comment, you will get an alert

all of these can be opt-out via alert preferences.

You can now edit replies to comments (based on comment editing permissions). The same permissions apply to comment replies as comments.. ie, if you have permission to edit a Comment, you also have permission to edit a comment reply. (editCommentSelf and editCommentAny).

NOTE: Replies are NOT part of inline moderation (that would require a completely separate system).
NOTE 2: Reply deleting is PERMANENT (it does not get set to a deleted state that you can undelete).

Selection_039.png

Why there is no like feature for replied comments?

I used the Core XF profile comments as a "base" to build off of (it does not have "like" functionality for replies). Doesn't mean I won't ever add it tho, so feel free to request that very specific bit of functionality. I have it on the white board as possible future enhancement, but don't let that stop you from requesting it. If I see that others are interested in stuff that I am also interested in, its more likely to get added :)

Back