• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Rate and Review Item

MrDeranged

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
My coding skill are barely rudimentary, so I was wondering if the following would be possible.

Where it says "Rate and Review Item", would it be possible for "Item" (B) to be replaced automatically with the user filled in "Item Name" (A) ?

fill in.png

So in the example photo, it would say "Rate and Review Joe Rossi" instead of "Rate and Review Item".

Regards and Happy Holidays.

Its possible, however, it will require some modification to templates, some minor CSS tweaking and you'd need to create a new phrase that you can pass the item_name into it. Most novice level developers should have no problem helping you with a customization like this :)

Would it also be possible to have this phrase change based upon what category the user is currently viewing? For example, I'm using showcase for dealer reviews & bite reports. It's a little counter intuitive to click "rate & review" to leave a bite report.

Would it also be possible to have this phrase change based upon what category the user is currently viewing? For example, I'm using showcase for dealer reviews & bite reports. It's a little counter intuitive to click "rate & review" to leave a bite report.
the full category record is exposed, so the category_name variable ($category.category_name} can be used anywhere in the item template.

Back