• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Possible to load sidebar custom fields as a showcase tab ?

eva2000

SC Premium
Is it possible to load the contents that is displayed in sidebar custom fields as a showcase tab instead ?

Yes, but would require a a pretty complex template edit (actually several of them as there are multiple templates that come into play). Its not something I can just spend a few minutes on explaining how to do it. It would probably take me a couple hours of messing around with everything that is involved (might even require some code modification).

I've thought about the idea of an "Extra" tab that allows multiple fields be added to it. That would probably be the best way to go about it.

btw, you do know that each category has 5 content tabs and each of those tabs can be assigned multiple fields right? (just in case you didn't know that).

btw, you do know that each category has 5 content tabs and each of those tabs can be assigned multiple fields right? (just in case you didn't know that).
ah didn't know that !

edit: oh you mean the item tab fields, yeah i see that - was hoping to be able to show custom field items within those tabs :)

Last edited:
When you create a FIELD, you have several LOCATION options. 5 of those are Tab 1, Tab 2, Tab 3, Tab 4 and Tab 5. THOSE Location coorospond with Tab 1, Tab 2, Tab 3, Tab 4 and Tab 5 of a specific CATEGORY..

Selection_212.png

Each Category has an Item Tabs Options area in which you can set FIVE content tabs (Tab 1, Tab 2, Tab 3, Tab 4 and Tab 5.).
Selection_213.png

So you can create a Category and it comes default with 1 content tab (Tab 1), however, you can add 4 more ( Tab 2, Tab 3, Tab 4 and Tab 5) that allow you to add an EDITOR to as well as assign multiple custom fields.

For MORE tabs, there is also the option of creating a Custom Field that is its OWN tab, however, it can't have fields assigned to it as it IS a field.... (there is a TRICK that you can do be creating self placement fields and add those fields to a Custom Field Tab.

Hope that makes sense now? Its pretty powerful :D

When you create a FIELD, you have several LOCATION options. 5 of those are Tab 1, Tab 2, Tab 3, Tab 4 and Tab 5. THOSE Location coorospond with Tab 1, Tab 2, Tab 3, Tab 4 and Tab 5 of a specific CATEGORY..
oh wow somehow i overlooked that awesome feature - very nice :)

Reactions: Bob
btw: are you using bd widgets for your showcase sidebar?
If yes, how?

Back