• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Node List module: read/unread state

ibenick

Showcase
It appears that no matter what happens, the new node list module appears in the state that indicates there is unread content. It would be nice to set that up so that once the latest comment or showcase item has been read by a user, it would show the icon that indicates it has been read like the other nodes.

It would also be sweet if in the box showing the latest comment, it would also show the most recently posted showcase item. I think it might be a little confusing that only comments show up there. I changed the text in mind to say 'Latest comment on:' to help clear up any confusion but it would be nice to have both.

Example:
Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 12.49.17 PM.png

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Resurrecting this from the "Not considered" grave yard to "Considered" as I've implemented Read Marking for items which now makes doing this a possibility. It obviously won't be in the next version (1.3.0), however, I have it targeted for the 1.3.x series.

..... It obviously won't be in the next version (1.3.0), however, I have it targeted for the 1.3.x series.

:rolleyes:

This is now marked as Partially implemented (will sign off fully after testing). It is now completely driven off of the ITEM marking system (not latest comments). Not everyone uses comments, so I can't drive a system off of something that is optional. Therefor the "latest" has been changed to the Latest Item (which can be either a NEW item or a recently UPDATED item, which ever is the newest).

There is a new variable exposed that contains the "count" of new (unread/viewed) items as well (for those of you that want to customize the block to show the amount of new items as well). This template variable {$newCount} is not an array, its a single Integer|Boolean ie, it will either contain a positive integer like 5 or the boolean of False.

I've also wrapped the Review and Comment counts within if statements to not display when the count is 0 (for those of you that don't use comments, you won't have to edit this out anymore).

I will leave the old latest comment code (commented out) in the template.php file for those that want to expose it and display the latest comment (you will have to modify the template to do this as well). I however won't support this... ie, yer on your own for this.

Back