• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

No image thumbnail after upgrade

MagnusB

Showcase
Just upgraded from RC1 to RC3. After upgrade, I did check everything to see if it was working, and I saw that the only showcase item (with a image, but this really isn't used much on my site, I just bought it cause I liked it) does not display a thumbnail, but rather tries to display this image:
Code:
styles/default/nflj/showcase/category_images/no_image.png

It has me a bit stumped, but my guess is that if there was a starting / there, the image would work, cause right now it tries to load site.com/showcase/styles/default/nflj/showcase/category_images/no_image.png instead of site.com/styles/default/nflj/showcase/category_images/no_image.png

But that is another issue, the issue I am having is why it thinks it doesn't have an image at all. I tried downloading the image, then deleting the image and reuploading it, same result. Was there a change in how the thumbnail is created? Am I missing an option somewhere?

Will test with a new item, see if that works as intended.

There were no changes in the uploading of images for an item. The changes that were made was the addition of being able to add a Category Image (which you have to manually add for each category) that will display as the item image for items that do not have at least 1 image uploaded to that items gallery. Also changed (by request) was for a default "no image" image that will display on the Showcase Home Modules for Items that do not have at least 1 image uploaded to that items gallery.

Prior to these changes, Items that did not have at least 1 image upoaded into the Items Gallery would not display on the Showcase Home page.

If you have any "modified" showcase templates, you might have to revert them as there were a bunch of template changes. I do know that a few people had similar issues and cleared them up when they reverted (so that the new changes would take effect). You simply then can reapply your customization :)

Also, there are some new Options and Permissions, so make sure you check all those (specially the permissions).

It was my upload who went wrong, so I reuploaded, and now I am getting an error on showcase:
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'cat.category_image' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in NFLJ/Showcase/Model/Item.php at line 289
NFLJ_Showcase_Model_Item->getFeaturedItems() in NFLJ/Showcase/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 30
NFLJ_Showcase_ControllerPublic_Index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in ~/index.php at line 13

Seems like I am missing a column somewhere, you have a quickfix for that?

RC3 adds 7 new fields to the category table. If the category_image field didn't get created, that means the others didn't as well which means something went wrong with your upgrade.

You can try upgrading again, but the installer is probably just going to ignor the SQL part because of the version ID... you could set the version ID of the addon to 9 and rerun the XML and that should run the alter table stuff for version 10 (which is RC3).

If you are not comfortable doing that, I can do it for you later today.

How would I go about changing the version number?

NVM, figured it out, in the db I changed the field to 9 and upgraded again, still the same issue though.

EDIT2: NVM, I was being stupid, works perfectly now (I hope), thanks

How would I go about changing the version number?

click on List Add-ons
Click on [NFLJ] Showcase (or chose edit in the controls drop down)
then change the Version ID from 10 to 9
Hit Save Add-on

Then upgrade with the XML file again :)

click on List Add-ons
Click on [NFLJ] Showcase (or chose edit in the controls drop down)
then change the Version ID from 10 to 9
Hit Save Add-on

Then upgrade with the XML file again :)
I did it in phpMyAdmin, I changed the version_id in xf_addons. At first I just changed the string, which of course did nothing.... I wonder which files I uploaded and thought was this addon though, not good updating multiple addons early monday morning....

BTW, those options in admin CP are not available to me, I guess you need to enable debug for it to appear. I only have Upgrade, disable and uninstall available from the drop down.

ah, yes... probably need to be in debug mode (which I always am in lol).

Did the category fields get added this time around?

Well, the error from the showcase frontpage are now gone, and the images display as they should, cause now they exist. The options in admin CP was always there, so my guess is that I uploaded some random files and then upgraded this addon thinking everything was working... The errors started appearing after I uploaded the new files.

being that there was already an install.php file in place, the XML would have ran just fine, but it didn't pick up any of the installer stuff like doing DB changes. You should be good to go now tho :)

The only thing that might not have got picked up is a DB change in either RC1 or RC2 for "featured" items, so check to make sure that there is a field in the xf_nflj_showcase_item table named 'featured' ...

if its not there, then you can add it manually with this SQL query...

PHP:
ALTER TABLE xf_nflj_showcase_item
ADD featured tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

It's there. Just running a few more tests, like creating new items etc, hoping it will work now that my stupidity is temporarily cured...

lol.. yer not the first one and won't be the last one to do that. Heck, I've done it before. If you ever happen to do it again, at least you know the trick to changing the ID back to the previous version and running the XML again.

I am out of practice, I haven't updated any mods in quite some time, cause everything was working. But today I had to just go ahead and update a few since they had been out a while and seemed to be stable... Usually I let each update have a grace period before updating on my site, cause some have a tendency to roll out multiple updates in a week, and I am not too happy with that.

Yeah, at least now I know, it will probably come to good use in the future :D

Too late, I am set with updates for at least another week or two... I usually call delaying updating "increased stability", while in reality it is extreme laziness :D

Back