• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Multi categories for items

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I haven't seen before the custom field search functionality.
Which really bothers me because I take A LOT of time to fully document new functionality and let people know about all of the new functionality in multiple ways. I post details in the suggestion threads. I post about it in the pre sales thread. I tell people about it in the email blasts. I post it in the XFRM updates. And now with TAGS, I tag everything for the Version it was released with.

Maybe its because I release TOO MUCH new functionality at once and its too overwhelming that people miss huge pieces of functionality? I don't know, but its really depressing when I hear comments like this.

I understand and I am sorry for making you feel like that. Honestly speaking, on XFRM or here, I miss a summary page where I can see picture for picture what every little feature is doing. Cause text-based explaining isn't helping much in my case cause in most cases I don't even understand what it is it about. The problem is I don't get the scope what the add-on might be able to do.
It is overwhelming but not because of too much new functionality (there is never too much :D), but because of lack of understanding. Nothing can beat a visual explanation and in most cases that is missing, so it is hard for us to understand what could be done and not done.

Reactions: Bob
I'll be installing AMS (one of my new addons for managing Articles) here pretty soon and will be using it as both a DEMO and for Documentation (both user provided and official). I plan on adding Articles that deal with the more complex functionality (Like Modular Layout) and will leave the less complex stuff for users to submit "how to's" and un official documentation. It will help because the article will focus on a specific functionality (like Modular Layout) and will have Screen shots along with text explanation. There will also be a comments section on the article to ask questions.

Back