• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Mis-Aligned versions ready for parity?

Doug King

Showcase
I need a little guidance to just make sure that I am going in the right directions so I wanted to throw out where I am and see what you guys thought.

I had an original forum with VB and the garage hack, I moved to xenforo and added showcase and imported the garage accounts which worked great. I had some issues that required me to make the move to Xenforo V2 which left my showcase add on as disabled but everything else was successfully upgraded.

Now here we are and the day has come when it looks like V3 of Showcase is out and so here is the big question... Is there any reason why I couldn't just run the add on for V3 (Xenforo v2) and follow all the instructions of course and be good.. Is there any reason that you can think of that would keep me from making that next step. I made the move to xenforo v2 very early on so my showcase has been sitting there disabled since at least mid 2017.

I am so stinkin hopeful that you say just get the new version and go.

(Backups and smart moves first if course).....

Am I making this too easy?

thanks,

Doug

Showcase 1.x and 2.x are for XF 1.x

Showcase 3.x is for XF 2.x

If you are running XF 2.0.x (or even XF 2.1.0 Beta X) and you have Showcase installed, all you need to do is Download Showcase 3.0.1, upload the files and that will move Showcase from the Legacy Addons to the Upgradable add-ons (which then you click upgrade and let the system do its this). After the upgrade, you will have a bunch of Post Upgrade steps to perform.

Post Upgrade steps:

Rebuilds. You need to run all of the Showcase Rebuilds. This needs to be done before doing anything else.

Permissions. You are going to have to set permissions for Showcase again as MOST of them are NEW. You need to do this for all your user groups (and if you are using Showcase Category Permissions, those as well).

Options. You need to at least run through the Showcase options making sure they are set to your liking (and obviously, those can be adjusted at any time).

Categories. You'll want to check out your categories (there are new settings to make sure are set to your liking).

At this point, you should be able to view Showcase on the frontend again.

Other things to check (if you use them) when you have time are Custom Item Fields, Custom Review Fields, Item Prefixes, RSS Feeder.

If this is your first addon that you've upgraded, it might be a good idea to start a conversation with me to line up an upgrade window to make sure I am available for assistance in case there is an issue with the upgrade.

What ever you do, make sure you run backups (on both the file system and database). I've seen way to many posts at XF.com lately where people are not performing backups.

What ever you do, make sure you run backups (on both the file system and database). I've seen way to many posts at XF.com lately where people are not performing backups.

Bob I greatly appreciate the quick response on this.

I've seen the backup bug bite folks before too.. I will shoot you an IM for an upgrade license so I can extend out...

thanks again!

Showcase 1.x and 2.x are for XF 1.x

Showcase 3.x is for XF 2.x

If you are running XF 2.0.x (or even XF 2.1.0 Beta X) and you have Showcase installed, all you need to do is Download Showcase 3.0.1, upload the files and that will move Showcase from the Legacy Addons to the Upgradable add-ons (which then you click upgrade and let the system do its this). After the upgrade, you will have a bunch of Post Upgrade steps to perform.

Post Upgrade steps:

Rebuilds. You need to run all of the Showcase Rebuilds. This needs to be done before doing anything else.

Permissions. You are going to have to set permissions for Showcase again as MOST of them are NEW. You need to do this for all your user groups (and if you are using Showcase Category Permissions, those as well).

Options. You need to at least run through the Showcase options making sure they are set to your liking (and obviously, those can be adjusted at any time).

Categories. You'll want to check out your categories (there are new settings to make sure are set to your liking).

At this point, you should be able to view Showcase on the frontend again.

Other things to check (if you use them) when you have time are Custom Item Fields, Custom Review Fields, Item Prefixes, RSS Feeder.

If this is your first addon that you've upgraded, it might be a good idea to start a conversation with me to line up an upgrade window to make sure I am available for assistance in case there is an issue with the upgrade.

Thanks for the details

I will keep this post for my reference so I can read it for updating the live website :)

Updated and working....

I remember now that when I did the conversion from VB over to XF1.0 and garage to showcase I lost about 1300 entries.... Its back online and users are posting to it again.

thanks again!

Reactions: Bob
Back