• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Partially Implemented Make the terms "showcase" and "item" variables?

Ludachris

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Yes, it's possible to go through and edit 100-200 phrases, I've done it. But it would be really nice to be able to specify in the ACP what Showcase should be called, as well as what items should be called. Turning these three terms into variables would be very awesome:

Showcase =
Item =
Items =

This way, when the admin changes those to appropriate terms all phrases throughout the add-on get updated accordingly. I realize this would likely be a lot of work to make happen, but I think it makes sense to push for seeing as how every admin must change the name of Showcase and Items to fit what they're using it for anyway. If this has been suggested already, apologies. I did a quick search but didn't find it.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would be something that would only be implemented in a 1st point release (which the next 1st point release will be the XF2 version of showcase).

As for the suggestion itself, its been brought up several times over the past 7 years or so (all due to XenForo not having a Search and Replace feature for their Phrase System).

I've actually implemented something similar to this (but more powerful and flexible) in RMS (Review Management System) which I was able to do because it was a NEW addon and I was able to implement it without having to change existing architecture.

The way it works is that most phrases now require a content type "TERM" to be passed into them. The terms passed into them are either dynamic based on the Category Content Type Term OR a Generic Term like "Item" (which is a phrase itself). Each Category in RMS has an option setting called "Category Content Type" that is used as dynamic phrase replacements for the generic term "item" in various places throughout the addon.

For example. If you have a Category called "Appliances", you could set the Category Content Term to "Appliance". Then in places that normally would say "Showcase Item" it will now say "Appliance".. eg. Appliance Information, Unwatch Appliance, Watch Appliance, Appliance Tools, Feature Appliance etc etc etc.

Its been a HUGE success/hit with RMS and I plan to implement this in XF2 versions of all my addons.

Back