• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Major Template Changes to Item Listing Pages...

Bob

Developer
Staff member
Staring with SC 2.2.0, there are some MAJOR Template Changes for the Item Listing pages ie, Showcase Home, Category, Member, Tag, Field Search, Find New etc.

I've marked this as Partially Implimented as I am still making adjustments to it. I will update it and will list templates that have been effected, those that will be removed and new ones that will replace the old ones.

This was IMO a very necessary change not only for you, but for me as well. For example, to make ONE change to how something was being displayed for an item on the listing pages, I'd literally have to edit dozens of templates. Now it will be much easier for changes to be made both by myself for updates and yourself for customization.

(will add more information as it becomes locked in)

Templates Removed:

nflj_showcase_category_list
nflj_showcase_category_grid
nflj_showcase_index_list
nflj_showcase_index_grid
nflj_showcase_field_search_view_list
nflj_showcase_field_search_view_grid
nflj_showcase_find_new_items_list
nflj_showcase_find_new_items_grid
nflj_showcase_member_list
nflj_showcase_member_grid
nflj_showcase_tag_view_list
nflj_showcase_tag_view_grid

nflj_showcase_item_layout_grid.css
nflj_showcase_item_layout_list.css

Templates Added:

nflj_showcase_category
nflj_showcase_index
nflj_showcase_field_search_view
nflj_showcase_find_new_items
nflj_showcase_member
nflj_showcase_tag_view

nflj_showcase_helper_sort_tabs

nflj_showcase_layout_article_view_item
nflj_showcase_layout_article_view_item.css
nflj_showcase_layout_grid_view_item
nflj_showcase_layout_grid_view_item.css
nflj_showcase_layout_list_view_item
nflj_showcase_layout_list_view_item.css

Last edited:
Upvote 1
I like the fact your going down the xen media gallery look with the grid listings, call me web design OCD but I like pages and systems to all have the same look,feeling and flow to them.

Plus if you get the gallery support for albums in showcase them it will make it look even more like it's all part of a core system.

Thumbs up :)

Reactions: Bob
I think it looks pretty darn sharp myself! Only thing that I will be changing from this is the "featured" banner. I do not like it where it is, so I will come up with something between now and time to release (or not lol).

Selection_163.png

Last edited:
I don't think the featured banner looks to bad personally.

Maybe give featured items a new background css class so people can make the featured items stand out from the others via making its box background another color if they so wish?

The class 'featured' is in the main container div when the item is "Featured", so you can use that on any element within a given block to add or modify any sub classes.

HTML:
.itemContainer.featured
{
    background-color: purple;
 }

Back