• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Let users "subscribe" to items/categories

M

Mathis Neumann

Hi there,
I am using showcase for a while now and I am watching how my users use that feature. I noticed that it is a cool way to show something, it won't let you keep track if something changed and they see no reason to check things out again, so I thought about this to motivate my users to revisit the items: (also I still want to evolve showcase from a enhanced gallery to something like a simple project management system :p)
Let them be able to subscripe to specific items or categories, and even a user (which could be done with the xenforo internal following system, so in your personal timeline on the forum is a note that XY created/edited an item).
It would be great if that would inform people if somebody changed the description of an item or created a new one.

To subscribe to a category could be implemented via: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-forum-watch.660/
Just an idea which could make your life easier if you decide to implement this.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is already planned by using the core XF "Watch" functionality.

Back