• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Itemcount for Showcase tab.

Shelley

Showcase
I'd really like to see this one included in showcase as the suggestion at xenforo from DP only got implemented yesterday and will appear in either 1.1.4 or 1.2.

Suggestion is to have an alert above the showcase tab (like the alert balloon on the right) when a new item is added.

The xenforo suggestion by DP is here >> http://xenforo.com/community/threads/itemcount-support-for-custom-tabs.29296/

Just wondering whether this is something you would include when xenforo starts shipping the changes and it appears in one of the updates.

Reactions: Bob
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think in order to do something like that, I'd have to build in "have read" type functionality (similar to threads) so it knows how many new "Items" have been added since your last visit. Its something I'd like to see added, so I will look into it :)

I think in order to do something like that, I'd have to build in "have read" type functionality (similar to threads) so it knows how many new "Items" have been added since your last visit. Its something I'd like to see added, so I will look into it :)

Thanks so much Bob. :) Either way if it isn't or is added grateful that you'll be looking into this. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Getting close to the point that I can mark this as "Under Development" as I am currently developing the "Read Marking" functionality for showcase which this would tie into, just not sure which release it will be in yet.

Getting close to the point that I can mark this as "Under Development" as I am currently developing the "Read Marking" functionality for showcase which this would tie into, just not sure which release it will be in yet.

Great news Bob and always amazed how you strive to improve and accommodate suggestions. Fantastic Job your doing. :)

Great news Bob and always amazed how you strive to improve and accommodate suggestions. Fantastic Job your doing. :)

I try my best :) I just enjoy being able to give forum admins the tools that they want/need. Wished I could do MORE, but sometimes RL gets in the way lol

Marked as Partially Implemented as its working, but not thoroughly tested. All testing so far works perfect.

I hope this is what you meant? Its a count of all showcase items that are considered "NEW" (Updated Items are counted as new as far as the read marking system is concerned. The count on the tab stays until all showcase items that are "new" have been read (viewed).

tabcount.PNG

I hope this is what you meant? Its a count of all showcase items that are considered "NEW" (Updated Items are counted as new as far as the read marking system is concerned. The count on the tab stays until all showcase items that are "new" have been read (viewed).

View attachment 414

Excellent work Bob and absolutely perfect implementation. :) Thanks again for accommodating these suggestions. :bigthumbsup:

Back