• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Item fields: file upload

Alpha1

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
It would be very handy if we could create fields to upload files. This would allow us to create fields asking for specific documents.

For example we could add a field 'manual' or 'instructions' for items that are products.

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is also important for AMS, because it regularly happens that an article will need documents attached.

I would like to see an image upload field in reviews since it would be really helpful if there would be a couple of "homemade" images of a product instead of the press images.

I have to second @Crazy-Achmet I'm using showcase for reviews and reports on my site. Images are an important part of both as how the live animals are shipped is very important for a dealer review and for a bite/sting report, people really like to see what it looks like when someone gets bit by a 9" spider or an 11" centipede... ;)

Yes, this would be really valuable. User image of reviewed items are an important part of reviews.

I will not be adding a FILE UPLOAD custom field type. I've turned this down multiple times now. SC 2.6.0 will have the ability to upload FILE Attachments instead of just IMAGE Attachments. This is already in place and being tested in another addon.

As for User Reviews, I plan on adding Image Uploading (via attachments handler) to User Reviews. This is a suggestion via Showcase Early Adopters that has already been approved.

As for User Reviews, I plan on adding Image Uploading (via attachments handler) to User Reviews. This is a suggestion via Showcase Early Adopters that has already been approved.

Excellent to hear. Is there an ETA by any chance?

Excellent to hear. Is there an ETA by any chance?
The release we can expect features to be in is generally mentioned after the feature is done or almost done.

edit: never mind. Ninja'd by @Bob

Back