• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Insert (embed) Article/Series into a Post

Bob

Developer
Staff member
Similar to the popular XFMG feature that allows members to embed media/ablums into a post

I've added the ability to embed AMS Articles and Series into a post.

Here are a couple screen shots ...

In this shot, you can see that there is a new button (newspaper icon) (if the viewing user has appropriate permissions and you've added the button to the toolbar(s)). When hovering over the button, it tells the viewing user that the button does.
upload_2019-6-6_12-48-25-gif.5583

Important Note: You will need to add the AMS embed Button to the Tool Bars via the "BB code button manager" just like you have to do for XFMG.

Selection_039.png

I made this as close as possible to how XFMG embeds work so that its familiar with those that have and use XFMG. Clicking on the button will launch an overlay that initially loads the "Your articles" tab with any ams articles that the viewing user owns. The amount of articles loaded is based on your "Articles per page" options setting. You can navigate between 4 sets of tabs to choose articles/series to embed in a post.

Selection_040.png

Selection_041.png

In this shot, I've selected (by clicking on the TITLE) 2 articles and 1 series.

Selection_042.png

When I click on the "Continue" button, 3 BB Codes are added to the editor (as shown below).

Selection_043.png

Its always a good idea to PREVIEW to make sure the embed BB Codes are working (which you can see below that they are).

Selection_044.png

And here you can see what the final embed looks like for both a Series (top one) and an Article (the other 2).

Selection_045.png

I've also added clipboard helpers on the "Share this Article" block that will display on all Article and pages.

Selection_046.png

The series page now includes a sidebar with 2 blocks, one of which is the "Share this series" block. This block also includes 2 clipboard helpers.

Selection_047.png

upload_2019-6-6_15-13-7.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back