• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Inherit custom user fields from category parent

woei

Showcase
Hi,

I have set up a parent category with child categories. In the parent items can't be created. But I want to have a lot of custom user fields, but I don't want them to re-add them everytime I add a new child category. It would be nice if I add custom user fields to the parent category, an option would be available per custom user field to inherit it from the parents settings? So you have to add it only once.

I hope my it doesn't sounds to fuzzy. English is not my native language :) If needed I can try to explain more :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
O, and also the tabs :)

So I only have to create tabs in the parent category, and I create a child category it auto has the tabs created in the parent. (And if a tab is added to the parent, the childs are also updated).

My situation will be like one parent with about 20 childs, about 20 custom fields and about 3 custom tabs. And thats a real lot of editing if I change or want to add a custom field that needs to be available to all childs or a tab needed by all childs.

Hi,

I have set up a parent category with child categories. In the parent items can't be created. But I want to have a lot of custom user fields, but I don't want them to re-add them everytime I add a new child category. It would be nice if I add custom user fields to the parent category, an option would be available per custom user field to inherit it from the parents settings? So you have to add it only once.

I hope my it doesn't sounds to fuzzy. English is not my native language :) If needed I can try to explain more :)

I've modified custom fields quite a bit for SC 1.4.0. One of the new features is that when creating categories, you can select which custom fields can be used for that category (also available when editing a category as well). This saves A LOT of time.

Here is an example...

Selection_032.png

O, and also the tabs :)

So I only have to create tabs in the parent category, and I create a child category it auto has the tabs created in the parent. (And if a tab is added to the parent, the childs are also updated).

My situation will be like one parent with about 20 childs, about 20 custom fields and about 3 custom tabs. And thats a real lot of editing if I change or want to add a custom field that needs to be available to all childs or a tab needed by all childs.

Please, ONE suggestion per thread. Each individual bit of functionality needs to be handled separately. You can start another thread for this, however, I believe this has already been suggested and it might have already been denied (you can check out the implemented suggestions for the No Thanks and see if its in there)

Even if I denied it, feel free to "bump it" as I do revisit suggestions that have been denied.

Back