• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Import from XFMG

viper357

CAS Premium
SC Premium
Hi, is there a way to import or move items from Xenforo Media Gallery into Showcase?

Also, is there a way to import/move a bunch of categories from XFMG to Showcase?

Thanks.

Can I add custom fields to that list :p

I've been uploading a lot of stuff to XFMG and have now decided that I'd rather use Showcase, so I'm looking for an easy way out, lol.

is there a way to import or move items from Xenforo Media Gallery into Showcase?
Also, is there a way to import/move a bunch of categories from XFMG to Showcase?
Nothing built in to Showcase or XFMG to do that (nor have I seen any 3rd party addons that are built to do this). Im not sure if there is a XFMG to Thread converter, but if there is, you could convert your media to threads, then use the Thread to Showcase converter (just a thought if something exists).

btw, there are several popular developers that have created importers for showcase, so you shouldn't have any problem finding someone to create you a custom importer. I'd suggest an importer so that you could create categories and custom fields and have custom fields mapped in (you can't do that via convert functionality)

Thanks, I may look into that, although it's not a whole lot of work if I had to start over again.

I'm still a bit undecided on what I want to do really. I'm trying to decide if it's a good idea to use Showcase for both an Articles System as well as an Identification Database setup (which I've started to use xfmg for, Media | Marine Aquariums South Africa), not sure if merging the two into one would be a good idea, the thing I like about Showcase is your gallery-inside-the-gallery type of thing (multiple images on one item/article).

Back