• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Images, Title and Content not displayed

ervinr

AMS
Showcase
Hi!

I can’t customize the display of images, title, content for the category.

Settings in the "Category extra options" (screenshot 1 and 2)

Also does not display "Category content title" and "Category content"

The forum has a third-party style. Images are uploaded according to the appropriate path: /styles/uix_pro/xenaddons/ams/category_images/

Screenshot_1.jpg Screenshot_2.jpg

This is caused by a weird BUG that recently popped up.. The issue has already been reported and and the bug has been fixed in the next release (AMS 2.1.8, which will be available within the next few weeks).

This is caused by a weird BUG that recently popped up.. The issue has already been reported and and the bug has been fixed in the next release (AMS 2.1.8, which will be available within the next few weeks).

Thanks for the update,

I don’t quite understand how to display pictures in categories.

The category settings indicate that:

"Upload category images to styles / default / xenaddons / ams / category_images"

but I have a third-party style and upload photos to

"styles / uix _pro / xenaddons / ams / category_images"

and indicate the name of the photo "miniart.gif"

Screenshot_3.jpg

But still the photo is not displayed

Screenshot_4.jpg

The category settings indicate that:

"Upload category images to styles/default/xenaddons/ams/category_images"
Yes, that is the correct path to store Category Images for the XF2 version of AMS.

but I have a third-party style and upload photos to

"styles/uix _pro/xenaddons/ams/category_images"
That is NOT correct. XF2 does not have a STYLE path property like XF1 had, so you no longer have to upload images to each style like you had to for XF1.

You need to upload Category Images for AMS to 'styles/default/xenaddons/ams/category_images'.

Yes, that is the correct path to store Category Images for the XF2 version of AMS.

That is NOT correct. XF2 does not have a STYLE path property like XF1 had, so you no longer have to upload images to each style like you had to for XF1.

You need to upload Category Images for AMS to 'styles/default/xenaddons/ams/category_images'.

Just uploaded the images to
"styles / default / xenaddons / ams / category_images"

Images not displayed in category

Screenshot_5.jpg Screenshot_6.jpg

Images not displayed in category
My apologies, there seems to be a slight bit of a misunderstanding/confusion of what the Category content image is actually used for in the XF2 version of AMS.

The Category content image is specifically designed for and is only used as, a backup Cover Image for Articles when using (List View, Grid View, Tile View layouts) for Articles that do not have a Cover Image set for that Article. That is its primary function and designed intended purpose. There are currently no secondary usages within AMS 2.1.x.

The Category content image was not added to AMS for the purpose of displaying it on Category Pages (even tho I can understand and appreciate that some people might want to do something like that, which can be easily accomplished via customization of the Category View template).

Note: AMS 1.x did have some unsupported experimental secondary usage of Category Images in the form of a basic Category Navigation block, however, none of the non supported experimental stuff was carried over to AMS 2.x.

I'll post a how to (when I have time) on how to add a sidebar block to the Category Page that will display the Category content image if a Category Content Image is set for the Category. This should help you in making some customization to the category page if you want to :)

Note: You are more than welcome to make a suggestions for secondary usages for the Category content image (like an option to display a Block in the sidebar to display the Category content image). I've implemented 1000's of user suggestions. Just make sure you provide details (with mock-ups since this would be a display type suggestion).

Example, there is an existing suggestion posted by a Premium license holder for creating a Widget Definition to create Category Navigation Blocks for RMS that would include using the Category Content Image as part of the block. He included a mock-up of what he wants. If implemented, I'd implement this for AMS, UBS and Showcase as well.

Selection_892.png
Again, my apologies for the confusion/misunderstanding. I hope you understand the purpose of the Category content image and that its not designed (or intended) to be displayed on the Category View template.

Back