• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Awaiting Feedback How to stop Creator from getting notifications?

joec

AMS Premium
SC Premium
I have a user who created items in Showcase, and despite turning off all SC notification settings, it still lets him know when someone comments on the item. Is there a setting we're missing to stop that?

You didn't mention it so I have to ask, but did he UN WATCH the Item? That will stop ALL notices except for Moderator Alerts (which are not able to be opted out of).

Also, they might un-watch an item, but if they post a comment and they have the XenForo option to automatically watch content they interact with, the system will mark the item as Watched.

How are you verifying that the user has opted out of ALL showcase alerts? Can you post a screen shot of all of the Showcase Alerts that they've opted out of ? The last time someone asked me about this same thing, it ended up that the member did NOT opt out of all the showcase alerts (missed half of them. all of the comments and reviews alerts lol)

I verified the item is not watched -- the button says "Watch".

Here's the settings in preferences -- we did rename Showcase to Head Gear, but obviously our phrases need work. I've tested, and if a user comments on the item, the person does get an alert.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 10.27.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 10.27.36 AM.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 10.27.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 10.27.23 AM.png
    280.2 KB · Views: 4
I've tested, and if a user comments on the item, the person does get an alert.
And so did I and I am not getting the same results as you. As the Showcase Item Owner, when I unwatch the item, I do not get any alerts. When I watch the item and opt out of the comment alerts, I don't get any alerts. I only get them when I am watching and have opted IN to those specific alerts.

Something else is in play here and I can't answer what that might be as I can not reproduce it based on what you are telling me.

Hit me up in private as I might need troubleshoot on your site.

Back