• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

How to remove author name item Author name, date created

John Shallo

Showcase
Hi, I'm working to create a review site with different travel poducts. The items show my name and the date it was created on several pages in a list or with the item. Since users will be posting a User Review and not actual items, I want to remove the User Name and the date posted from the major user visible templates. Can you direct me to which ones to look at it? etc?

item created by John Shallo, Yesterday at 4:38 PM (An example from item page)

Hi, I don't see the permission to remove the Authors NAME or the Creation date, etc. I think I'm looking to modify the actual templates. I don't see an easy fix in the permissions.

I found one template,
nflj_showcase_layout_list_view_item

REMOVE this code:

<div class="itemDetails muted"><xen:username user="{$item}" />,
<a href="{xen:link showcase, $item}" class="faint"><xen:datetime time="$item.date_added" /></a>
------------------------
<div class="itemDetails muted"><span><a href="{xen:link showcase/category, $item}">{$item.category_name}</a>

Hi, I don't see the permission to remove the Authors NAME or the Creation date, etc. I think I'm looking to modify the actual templates. I don't see an easy fix in the permissions.
He's saying that the link you posted isn't viewable to guests.

as for WHERE? There are 100's of instances of this throughout showcase (in appx 150+ templates). Its going to take someone awhile to purge them all if you want every single instance of them removed.

One thing you can do is FILTER the template list so that only Showcase Templates are displayed. The template name itself should (in most cases) help you narrow things down to a specific page. Fitler by: nflj_showcase_

The ITEM HEADER is probably the one you most want to customize: nflj_showcase_item_header (and you'll want to also edit the nflj_showcase_thread_view_header as well as it matches the item header).

Hi, I'm working to create a review site with different travel poducts. The items show my name and the date it was created on several pages in a list or with the item. Since users will be posting a User Review and not actual items, I want to remove the User Name and the date posted from the major user visible templates. Can you direct me to which ones to look at it? etc?

item created by John Shallo, Yesterday at 4:38 PM (An example from item page)
I don't know whether I get what you want or not, but try this and see if it is what you need or not.
Add the code below to "EXTRA.css":
Code:
.itemDetails.muted,.byLine.muted{
    display: none;
}

Back