• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

How can I open the Pool Now

Did you set the Pool Status to OPEN? When you first create it, it is set to PENDING. Members can only join if the Pool status is set to OPEN and you have "Allow join pool" checked and they are in the user groups you set for that pool.

The Week Stop date locks the week. If you want to early lock the entire week, then yes, but MOST (like me) DO NOT want lock the week, but instead, set it to the LAST game so the each game locks on its own (via the game lock date) allowing people to set the sunday afternoon games right before kickoff as well as waiting for the injury reports for the Sunday Night game and Monday night game.

The Week Stop date locks the week. If you want to early lock the entire week, then yes, but MOST (like me) DO NOT want lock the week, but instead, set it to the LAST game so the each game locks on its own (via the game lock date) allowing people to set the sunday afternoon games right before kickoff as well as waiting for the injury reports for the Sunday Night game and Monday night game.
so if I put it for the Monday Night Game they will not be allowed to change the other games Sunday?

so if I put it for the Monday Night Game they will not be allowed to change the other games Sunday?

When you create each game, you set a game LOCK date. The Game lock date prevents players from setting/changing their pick for that game when. The purpose of the game lock date is so you don't have to lock the entire week before the thursday night game and letting each game lock on its own.

Here is how I do mine (which I've posted here in another thread)

I set my Week Start Date to WED morning at 6am Eastern. WHY? Cause that is the official start of the week for the NFL.
I set my Week Alert Date to FRI morning at 6am Eastern. WHY? Cause that will alert players twice before the Thursday night game.
I set my Week Stop Date to the start of the Monday Night game. WHY? Because each game has its own LOCK date and the league rules that we have allows picks to be set on games 10 minutes prior to kick off for each game, so the game lock dates are set 10 minutes prior to official league kickoff times.

Other options.

Some leagues like to force everyone to have all picks set by kickoff of the Sunday early games, so they set the Week Stop Date to 1pm Eastern (which locks ALL games at 1pm eastern regardless of what their lock date is set). They use the Game Lock date for the thursday game to prevent players from changing that pick once the game starts.

NOTE: you STILL have to set the game lock date, but just set them for 1pm eastern.

For example.... by using the Game Lock dates and setting the STOP date to the last game of the week, you can see that tonights games are LOCKED on the edit form and can't be set or changed, however, you can set or make changes to friday and saturdays games...

Selection_225.png

@Bob B Trying to delete a Pool on Pickem 1.3.1 using Xenforo 1.4.0 Beta 1 and get this error
deletepool.JPG

Server Error
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'pool_id' in 'where clause' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

#0 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('DELETE FROM `xf...')
#1 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'DELETE FROM `xf...')
#2 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('DELETE FROM `xf...')
#3 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(661): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('DELETE FROM `xf...')
#4 /home/public_html/library/NFLJ/Pickem/DataWriter/Pool.php(74): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete('xf_nflj_pickem_...', 'pool_id = 1')
#5 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1779): NFLJ_Pickem_DataWriter_Pool->_postDelete()
#6 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(1019): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#7 /home/public_html/library/NFLJ/Pickem/ControllerAdmin/Pool.php(149): XenForo_Controller->_deleteData('NFLJ_Pickem_Dat...', 'pool_id', 'admin.php?picke...')
#8 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): NFLJ_Pickem_ControllerAdmin_Pool->actionDelete()
#9 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(78) "http://www.wickedstangs.com/admin.php?pickem/pool/2013-nfl-pre-season.1/delete"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["pickem/pool/2013-nfl-pre-season_1/delete"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(2) {
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Back