1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Highlights review made by specific membergroups?

Discussion in 'Showcase Support' started by Cmely, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Cmely

Cmely New Member Showcase

Hello,

I don't know if this is possible or if it's should be considered as a suggestion.

I would like to be able to higlight (in a way or in other) reviews made by members of a specific membergroups on showcase items.

This is why I need this : I'm running a photography forum with a critique section. This section work with Showcase and members can critique a picture using the (wonderful) review feature. Some of my members are "Curators". This mean that their critique should be very interesting to read. I would like to highlight the pictures that have been reviewed by the "Curators".

Is this possible? And if yes, how could I achieve that?

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Can you maybe provide a mock up so I can SEE what you are after. If I understand you correctly, it MIGHT be possible to do via CSS (and maybe some template edits). However, I need a mock up (or mock ups) to clarify a few things.

3. Cmely

Bob, it's a good idea to ask me a mock up... :D...as I'm reading my initial question I'm afraid I've not been very clear...:confused:

This is a little example of what I'm talking about :
    0068.jpg

In this example pictures are highlighted with a red frame, but it could be anything else which would differenciate those pictures (a small star on the upper right corner, a yellow shadow, ...)
    This red frame mean : a Curator have reviewed this picture.

4. Bob

ok, so let me try and get this straight.

When any member of the Curator group has reviewed any showcase item (through the Rate & Review system), you want the ability to display something on various Showcase Item Listings that designate that a Member of the Curators group has left a review on specific items.... is that correct?

5. Cmely

Yes...this is exactly that ! :D

6. Bob

Unfortunately, that would require custom development (which is not something I am doing right now while working on AMS). It IS doable tho and would actually recommend it be done via an addon vs modifying the core code. It should be a fairly easy addon for someone that KNOWS what they are doing.

7. Cmely

Ok. thanks for helping, Bob.

Definitively YES !

Bob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.