• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Embed map

tybar

Showcase
Hey,

I'm trying to embed a google map in it's own tap, but every time I insert the iframe code it just shows up as plain text.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Ah, that is done with custom editing of the template itself. he's added an extra tab manually to the template and has some custom added fields directly to the DB table along with some custom code. Its not being done with core showcase.

What I suggest is contacting Nick.. (ibenick is his username at xenforo.com and here). He's very helpful when you can catch him inbetween hikes :) I don't have any of his custom code or I'd just give it to you.

with that said, when you have time, can you please start a Suggestion Thread to add Google Map functionality so that when I get into R&D mode, I can do some research and maybe get some built in integration.

Not through core XF. It would require an addon as the core editor strips HTML. Using Lukes allow HTML addon MIGHT work, but I can't guarantee it. Creating a BBCode would take just as much knowledge and effort as it would to do it custom like Nick did.

I've contacted Nick over at xenforo as he's been logged on there recently as opposed to here.
Instead of opening a new thread, I'll just ask here.

How do I go about adding aditional information below 'quick stats'?
I need to add Phone, Website and opening hour fields.

The easiest way is to create 3 custom fields (one for each of those), set them to Location: Sidebar. Then when people fill in those fields, they will display in a sidebar block on the item.

Thanks, I've figured it out.

I need to make the following adjustments as well, if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Remove dropdown menu/items when hovering over 'showcase' in menu bar
2. Remove ' item created by (username) (date)
3. Remove the Cover Image
4. Remove/Disable the comment box below each listing
5. Remove 'more items from (username)' sidebar block
6. Remove 'Member: (username)' from Quick Stats

1. Remove dropdown menu/items when hovering over 'showcase' in menu bar
This isn't something that can be done with a template edit. It can be done by editing the listener and removing the code that includes the sub navigation menu template, however, that will remove the sub navigation completely). This isn't something I "support" and won't post in public on how to do, but I will explain in a little more detail in private if you care to inbox me about it.

Not sure what your level of experience is, so just going to point you to the correct templates or options or permissions for the rest of these... If you have problems with the template editing, let me know and I can provide more details when I get home.

2. Remove ' item created by (username) (date)
Edit the template nflj_showcase_item and either remove or comment out the parts you don't want to display.

3. Remove the Cover Image
Edit the template nflj_showcase_item_sidebar and remove the entire block that controls the cover image

4. Remove/Disable the comment box below each listing
Edit the category and disable the Comment System (its on the Category Options Tab). Also, this is further controlled via Permissions (Individual, User group and Category)

5. Remove 'more items from (username)' sidebar block
This is controlled by showcase options (Item Page Tab) 'More Items From Sidebar'. Set to 0 to disable the block.

6. Remove 'Member: (username)' from Quick Stats
Edit the template nflj_showcase_item_sidebar and remove it or comment it out.

Thanks, I'm competent just new to XenForo and keep getting lost with where various things are, so feel like an idiot at the best of times.
Will send you a message in a moment, thanks.

Im sure you will catch on pretty fast :) Just remember, the only dumb questions are the ones not asked ;) Im ALWAYS available via inbox (here or at ex eff dot com)

Hi,

Sorry for slow reply, i really wish alerts for you being tagged in posts sent you a email, that way i would have seen this days ago :p
But yeah you can add google maps embed code into the showcase via using Lucks html bbcode addon.

Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 22.59.56.png

[parsehtml]<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?p...ire+ST5+9QH!5e0!3m2!1sen!2suk!4v1406325378632" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>[/parsehtml]

Note you have to post the code into the editor on its basic mode not wysiwyg mode.

Reactions: Bob
In fact this might be better for your needs, its a google maps bbcode: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/brivium-location-bbcode.2393/
Because why i make use of lukes html bbcode, its only open to admin because giving normal users access would make a risk, so might be good to look into that add on above, it also gives a better user interface for your users and keeps them on your site.
Hi,
For the new version of Showcase, I have problem with Brivium Location BBCode: the map can not display fully, this one does not happen in the previous versions of Showcase.
Location addon.png
Please support me to fix.

Thanks,
Ngan.

If you have a problem with Briviums addon, you need to contact him about it. Showcase uses the core XF Editor, so any BBCODE would be parsed by it. Showcase doesn't do anything on its own regarding BBCODE.

Hi,

Sorry for slow reply, i really wish alerts for you being tagged in posts sent you a email, that way i would have seen this days ago :p
But yeah you can add google maps embed code into the showcase via using Lucks html bbcode addon.

View attachment 899

Note you have to post the code into the editor on its basic mode not wysiwyg mode.
I have Luke's HTML addon and using it in threads it works fine but using in showcase just spits out the embed code - is there something in one of the showcase files that needs to be modified to get this to work?

Using latest versions of everything.

Back