• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Comments on Membercard

Bram

AMS Premium
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
Hi @Bob

As we are using the AMS addon heavily on racedepartment.com as a frontpage the articles receive a LOT of comments, sometimes up to 500+.

I have added a few trophies in XF to increase engagement but users find it confusing to see see that comments aren't counted towards their post total (i understand why that is btw :D).

is it possible to make the amount of comments visible on the membercard or postbit maybe?

Thanks!

is it possible to make the amount of comments visible on the membercard or postbit maybe?
Not possible at this time, no (it would require custom development).

Currently, comment counts are not tracked and stored in the xf_user table (nor are they tracked/stored for XFMG), so there is no cached comment count data available to display anywhere (the only way to get that is to query the data, which is what is being done for User Criteria, however, that is not feasible to do for displaying throughout XF on areas like member cards or postbit).

(it would require custom development).
Do you have time for such a custom project?. My users don't understand why their postcount doesn't go up while contributing to our frontpage and in all fairness I can't blame them. It's a cool reward to see your stats go up when post a lot :)

Back