• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Chris Deeming's rating star add-on replacement

Tracy Perry

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
@Bob B, I've gotten this add-on to work fine with is XenMediaGallery, but when I make the requisite changes to the templates for the Showcase add-on they do not reflect properly. They are still using the default xenForo sprite sheet. Any suggestions?

As Chris explained, It will only work in places that I use the core XF rating template (which is not through out SC). I do the actual Rating (AJAX) different than Core XF, so it requires slightly different code, plus I have TWO different types of rating systems on a given item page (specified by category).

in places like the template: nflj_showcase_category_list

HTML:
                                <xen:include template="rating">
                                    <xen:set var="$rating">{$item.rating}</xen:set>
                                    <xen:set var="$hint">{xen:if '{$item.vote_count} == 1', {xen:phrase 1_vote}, {xen:phrase x_votes_plural, 'count={$item.vote_count}'}}</xen:set>
                                </xen:include>

replace with:

HTML:
                                <xen:include template="font_awesome_rating">
                                    <xen:set var="$rating">{$item.rating}</xen:set>
                                    <xen:set var="$hint">{xen:if '{$item.vote_count} == 1', {xen:phrase 1_vote}, {xen:phrase x_votes_plural, 'count={$item.vote_count}'}}</xen:set>
                                </xen:include>

That's what I've done (basically just replaced the font_awesome_rating template for the rating (all the rest looks the same). It still shows the normal sprite star and not the fontawesome one.

List view they work... modular/grid view they don't... so that's what the problem is going to be.:)

Ya, those do not use the Core XF rating template. Like I mentioned above, there are a few places where I require different code which prevents me from using the core template. I will figure out something tho :)

This is all sorted now and will be available in the upcoming maintenance release.

The only tricky part is with the Item Sidebar template (nflj_showcase_item_sidebar) as it can't use the Core XF rating template. What I've done for the Item Sidebar template (nflj_showcase_item_sidebar) is create to sub templates:

nflj_showcase_item_rating (This is the core default)
nflj_showcase_item_font_awesome_rating (This is the one to use for font awesome)

All the others use the core XF default ratings template.

Core Showcase templates that need to be edited to change the include to font_awesome_rating:

news_feed_item_showcase_item_rate
news_feed_item_showcase_review_insert
nflj_showcase_category_grid
nflj_showcase_category_list
nflj_showcase_find_new_items
nflj_showcase_index_grid
nflj_showcase_index_list
nflj_showcase_item_sidebar
nflj_showcase_item_watched_list_item
nflj_showcase_member_grid
nflj_showcase_member_list
nflj_showcase_member_sidebar
nflj_showcase_module_items
nflj_showcase_node_list_items
nflj_showcase_profile_tab_content
nflj_showcase_reviews

xenPorta template
EWRblock_ShowcaseImages

Last edited:
This is all sorted now and will be available in the upcoming maintenance release.

The only tricky part is with the Item Sidebar template (nflj_showcase_item_sidebar) as it can't use the Core XF rating template. What I've done for the Item Sidebar template (nflj_showcase_item_sidebar) is create to sub templates:

nflj_showcase_item_rating (This is the core default)
nflj_showcase_item_font_awesome_rating (This is the one to use for font awesome)

All the others use the core XF default ratings template.

Core Showcase templates that need to be edited to change the include to font_awesome_rating:

news_feed_item_showcase_item_rate
news_feed_item_showcase_review_insert
nflj_showcase_category_grid
nflj_showcase_category_list
nflj_showcase_find_new_items
nflj_showcase_index_grid
nflj_showcase_index_list
nflj_showcase_item_sidebar
nflj_showcase_item_watched_list_item
nflj_showcase_member_grid
nflj_showcase_member_list
nflj_showcase_member_sidebar