• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Changing Tab 1 Editor?

max_d

Showcase
Hi Bob,

I’m not sure if this would require custom development, but is there a way to change the Tab 1 Rich text box (Redactor)
before.png

To a Multi-line text box. Like so:
after.png

I found this bit of code. Not sure if it is the right one. Not sure if would require a simple edit to change the editor, or advance programing. So I thought I should ask.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$category.tab1_editor}">
            <dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth">
                <dt>{$category.tab1_name}</dt>
                <dd>{xen:raw $editorTemplate} <p class="explain">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_editor_desc_tab_1_message}</p></dd>
            </dl>
        </xen:if>

Thank you.

Oye... that one might prove to be difficult. Its possible that you could just swap out the input on the template, but there is a lot of external things going on with Rich Text fields (like view processing that is parsing BBCode and what not).

Its not something that I am comfortable saying "its doable" nor is it something I'd provide example code to "try it" as I don't want to screw anything up on your site.

What is your GOAL? If its purely to prevent people from using the Rich Text editor, then another option is to disable the Rich Text editor for Tab 1 and then create a Custom Item field with the type "Multi-line text box" with the location of Tab 1.

What is your GOAL? If its purely to prevent people from using the Rich Text editor,

I just prefer the look of the Multi-line text box, that’s all.

another option is to disable the Rich Text editor for Tab 1 and then create a Custom Item field with the type "Multi-line text box" with the location of Tab 1.

That was the first thing I tried. I disabled the Rich Text editor for Tab 1 and created a Custom Item field "Multi-line text box" with the location of Tab 1. The problem is whenever I used to enter any description into Tab 1 (Rich Text editor), a part of it (the first 250 characters) would be visible on List View. Were as now, when I entered some text into Multi-line text box (Custom Item field), the list view description would be blank and only the title would be visible. The description would only visible in tab 1 located on item page. Looks like the item field doesn’t fully replace Tab 1 editor. It’s just a field after all. That’s why I was looking to see if there was an easy way to change the Tab 1 (Rich Text editor) to a Multi-line text box.

Anyway, it’s not a big deal. I can manage without it.

Bob, thank you for your support. I really appreciate it.

Sorry to bother you again, @Bob. One last question.

Is there way to change the size of Tab 1 editor (General Information) so that it look exactly like the Quick Reply Editor (the Editor at the bottom of each thread)?
test.png

Back