• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Changing posted by?

PaulProe

SC Premium
Bob
In setting up our site, as the Admin, I posted a number of items into Showcase to get the forum up and running. It was an import from vBulletin. Now that we are running and functional, is there a way to change the name of the person who posted a particular item? Maybe an add-on?

I could go in and edit the database but run the risk of not editing the correct item and screwing things up. If the credit link is just the user ID, it's no big deal, but if it links on multiple points, it could easily be screwed up.

Ideas on how to change the 'ownership' on these articles? I have about 8 of them

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul :)

You can use the 'Reassign' item function to change ownership of a given Showcase Item.

Its a moderator function in the More options drop down on the Item page.

Selection_616.png

Clicking on the link launches an overlay where you type in the Username for the new owner, with an option to notify the current and new owner of the item.

Selection_617.png

There is a bulk reassign function via in-line moderation available as well

Selection_618.png

Selection_619.png

Back