1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Changing Navigation Tab

Discussion in 'AMS Support' started by Shawn Gossman, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman New Member AMS AMS Premium LD Premium Showcase SC Premium UBS Premium

I'd like to change the main navigation tab from 'Articles' to 'Stories'. What phrase do I need to edit?

Arizona likes this.
  2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Phrase for the tab is: nflj_ams_navigation_tab

You might want to change the ROUTE as well (which you can do via the XF Route Filters system :)

Arizona, mono and Shawn Gossman like this.
  3. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman New Member AMS AMS Premium LD Premium Showcase SC Premium UBS Premium

Thanks for the help, Bob, that worked perfectly :) The route idea was also a good one! :)

I don't know how hard it would be to make possible but that could be a suggestion, the ability to replace all 'article' keywords with keywords of your choosing. Again, that might be difficult to make but just a thought. :)

4. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

I've got a few things in mind for when I re write my addons for XF 2.0. Kinda need to wait and see if XF 2.0 adds a search and replace function for phrases first.

There is a neat trick that might work for you. You can export phrases for a specific addon into an xml file and then edit that XML file in your favorite text editor, then do a search and replace (be careful not to replace PHRASE NAMES in the XML file tho), then import it back into the language.

Shawn Gossman likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.