• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Category Tooltip on Category pages

MattW

Server Admin
AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Not quite sure if this is a bug or not.

Basically, go to the main Showcase section. Hover over a category. If it has a Category Description, it will show that inside the tooltip.

Now, click one of the categories to navigate into it.

Sidebar looks the same, but hover over the same category. No tooltip.

It's not being assigned a class

HTML:
<a href="garage-category/astra-h.2/">Astra H</a>
HTML:
<a href="garage-category/astra-h.2/" class="_depth0 Tooltip" alt="Vauxhall Astra H">Astra H</a>

HTML:
                    <xen:foreach loop="$categories" value="$cat">               
                        <dl>
                            <dt><a href="{xen:link showcase-category, $cat}" class="_depth{$cat.depth} {xen:if '{$cat.category_description}', 'Tooltip'}" alt="{$cat.category_description}" title="{$cat.category_description}" >{$cat.category_name}</a></dt>
                            <dd>{xen:if '{$cat.item_count}', '{$cat.item_count}', '0'}</dd>
                        </dl>
                    </xen:foreach>

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Its not a bug... I removed ToolTips from Categories Sidebar because of design issues with the Sidebar on the right hand side and nested comments being indented to the right which makes the tooltip float off the screen. btw, categories have a different "category" module than the home page... it looks like this..

HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$categories}">       
        <div class="section">
            <div class="secondaryContent">
                <h3>{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_categories}</h3>   
                <div class="pairsJustified">
                    <xen:foreach loop="$categories" value="$listedCategory">
                        <dl>
                            <dt><a {xen:if '{$selectedCategory} == {$listedCategory.category_id}', 'class="catselected" '}href="{xen:link 'showcase-category', '{$listedCategory}'}">{$listedCategory.category_name}</a></dt>
                            <dd><span class="count{xen:if '{$selectedCategory} == {$listedCategory.category_id}', ' catselected'}">{$listedCategory.item_count}</span></dd>
                        </dl>
                            <xen:if is="{$childCategories.{$listedCategory.category_id}}">
                                <xen:foreach loop="$childCategories.{$listedCategory.category_id}" value="$listedCategory">
                                    <dl class="_depth{$listedCategory.depth}">
                                        <dt><a {xen:if '{$selectedCategory} == {$listedCategory.category_id}', 'class="catselected" '}href="{xen:link 'showcase-category', '{$listedCategory}'}">{$listedCategory.category_name}</a></dt>
                                        <dd><span class="count{xen:if '{$selectedCategory} == {$listedCategory.category_id}', ' catselected'}">{$listedCategory.item_count}</span></dd>
                                    </dl>
                            </xen:if>                       
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>   
    </xen:if>

Ah, I didn't realise until now they were separate modules (can see that now, looking at the way it highlights the selected category) :)

I guess I could add them back in and just let people tweak on their own if they don't want them in lol

I moved this into Suggestions and marked it under development (mainly to remind myself) and will tweak it slightly to accommodate for Tool Tips using the Category Description.

Fixed both category sidebar blocks so that ToolTips work properly now with Category Descriptions (strips HTML and doesn't over flow of either margin)

Back