• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Category pages with content

ibenick

Showcase
It would be awesome to have category pages where we can actually put some unique content instead of just a listing of the items in that category. Pretty much exactly like an item page but without comments and instead a listing of all the items in that category.

So for example, if I had a Category for Yellowstone National Park and then a bunch of hiking trails in Yellowstone as items, it would be nice to be able to provide a nice overview on Yellowstone's category page and then allow people to see the list of items below.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is actually not a bad idea and is actually something that I've tossed around a time or two.

Just a note in case someone wants to bring it up. I went the HTML route in favor of the TinyMCE Editor route mainly because Core XenForo does not support the use of the Editor in the Admin CP (as per Mike). Until such time as core xf supports it, I won't be supporting it either. This also (IMHO) gives you more flexibility than being bound to the TinyMCE Editor (which I can't stand lol). Anyway, just an advanced note as to why I went one way vs the other.

Added a new field (category_content_title) which allows you to create your own title bar text for the Category Content Module instead of "About Category Name". If you leave the Title blank, the module will render without a title bar.

Back