• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Categories

Mason

AMS Premium
Showcase
How can I make separate navigation tabs for each of my showcase categories?

How can I make separate navigation tabs for each of my showcase categories?
There are a couple different Navigation Addons (like Jakes "Nodes as Tabs") that work well for that. Core XF doesn't have a Navigation Menu Manager (yet), so you are either stuck using the navtabs listener (which is what Addons use to add Navigation Tabs) OR, you can edit the Navigation Template and manually add in template syntax/html (I believe there are some Resources that explain how to do that). I know Jakes addon works and I know there are 2 other similar addons that work (just can't remember the names of them). Maybe those that use them will reply to this.

What's showcases navigation id for Jake's add on?
Im not sure what a "Navigation ID" is, There is no such thing in Core XenForo, so it has to be something Jake came up with. I don't use his addon person, I just know that several people use it to make their own tabs for the RM, Showcase etc... I'll have to ask Jake after I get home from work (unless you find out first lol). Sorry that I don't have an answer for you, I am sure Jake can help tho.

ah, 'showcase' (without the ticks) is the Navigation Tab ID. That is needed if you want to add stuff to the existing Tab tho. What you want is another tab right?

So using Jake's addon I made tabs on all the different categories by making link forums. Now i'd like to make an end point where it will dropdown the overfilling navigation tabs.Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 4.53.53 PM.png

Glad to see that you are getting somewhere :D Looks great! Are you going to (or can you) add Font Awesome Icons to those?

I just have no idea what those navigation tabs would be named.

Code:
.navTab.xengallery 
.navLink:before {
content: '\f030';
font-family: FontAwesome;
font-size: 15px;
font-weight: normal;
padding-right: 3px;
}

Back