• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Can't Moderate Other Admin Entries

beanfan78

AMS Premium
SC Premium
Didn't see this listed, but I had another admin add 13 submissions to the directory yesterday and I could moderate or see them. He game me direct links and it would say I don't have permission to view them. As an admin account I know I have all permissions turned on. I had to log into that admin account to manually approve the items and then I could see them using my account.

Should all awaiting listings be seen to any admin with the right permissions? Maybe I missed a setting, but I am going to try it again today to see if I can duplicate it. Has anyone else run into this?

Should all awaiting listings be seen to any admin with the right permissions?
Yes... so this is definitely a permissions setting issue. Send me a Admin login (I'll need Admin Permission for Usergroups and Showcase). Probably either a case of having one of the required moderator permission revoked or not set. This isn't vBulletin where Admins automatically have everything.

Can confirm, I missed one bubble: Can view moderated items. Embarrassed :( I will wear the dunce cap as I finish my 1st cup of tea this morning.

Can confirm, I missed one bubble: Can view moderated items. Embarrassed :( I will wear the dunce cap as I finish my 1st cup of tea this morning.
Are you running the new version of Showcase (2.6.0 Beta 1)? If so, that is understandable, because I split those out into 3 new permissions.

Yes I am, and I read about that. So this was my fault for doing 3 things at once and being awake for 15 minutes. So apologies for wasting time and the overlook. I will measure twice and cut once next time :)

Yes I am, and I read about that in 51. So this was my fault for doing 3 things at once and being awake for 15 minutes. So apologies for wasting time and the overlook. I will measure twice and cut once next time :)
lol.. don't feel bad, I did it myself :oops: How's everything running so far?

Absolutely great! The Google Maps is what did it for me. No complaints and smooth sailing though. As usual, you nailed it. In the future I will have to find a way to do more with maps because of the type of directory it is, but that's more or less going to be a custom solution. There is a lot I want to do with Showcase but it will take modification and finding someone who can is the most difficult. One thing I realize is that all those freelancers from countries that people don't make a lot of money from have no experience with xF. That makes the market tiny. So I have been frustrated by my lack of options, but when I move to the Philippines and open my webdev company there I will make sure the first thing all employees master is Xenforo and Flarum.

October should be the month but could be November. I am working on finalizing my retirement plans so we can leave Korea. Almost done! I am very excited to do this full-time. Everyone will love 2.6. I know I am.

Back