• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Article Management System Backend Demo

Divokymuz

Showcase
Hi Bob,

is there a Demo of the backend of AMS 2 to take a look inside ? I want to know, how to use it and work with it, cause i want my moderators to work with it and they are not all so deep inside PC and need easy workarounds. :)

is there a Demo of the backend of AMS 2 to take a look inside ?
No, however, I can provide you some screen shots if you have questions about something specific.

AMS has all of the same types of Admin functionality as both XFRM and XFMG, plus more (like custom review fields, RSS feed importer etc).

One important question is, can i promote every posting in the forum to an article ?

For example a user writes a real good starting post and i want to have it as an article. Other would be, a user answers a question with a great text. it is posting 5 in a thread, can i promote this into an article ?

Or combined with the review system, can i promote a review as an article.

Example, i use articles as starting page but want to have different things also on it, reviews, blog post and a showcase entry. can i promote all these things into an article and it shows it at the front page ?

otherwise i would need a widget system, to build a widget page, where the widgets show things of the different add ons.

One important question is, can i promote every posting in the forum to an article ?

For example a user writes a real good starting post and i want to have it as an article. Other would be, a user answers a question with a great text. it is posting 5 in a thread, can i promote this into an article ?
No, however, AMS 1.x (the XF1 version) does have a "Convert Thread to Article" function (this CONVERTS the Thread, not promotes it).

There are several addons that use the "promote" thread/post to Article (like XenPorta or CTA Featured threads). Those might be more of what you are looking for.

Or combined with the review system, can i promote a review as an article.
No.

can i promote all these things into an article and it shows it at the front page ?
No. AMS is NOT a "Portal.

otherwise i would need a widget system, to build a widget page, where the widgets show things of the different add ons.
Yes, that is what you'd need to do.

Perhaps promote is the wrong word in this context. :)

The idea to combine AMS and RMS with widgets into an home page/ portal page seems realy interesting. Or also more then only these two.

Have to find a coder for working this out i think. Looks like a real good idea to get a freakin nice front page.

Back