• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Automatic/Standalone Item Image (Screenshot)

frm

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
Having an automatic screenshot for Link Directory would streamline adding new sites.

I would suggest an admin option to turn on/off screenshots as the main Item image. If it's on, use something like PHP shot-scraper (which people may need to add to their PHP instance) or cURL to grab the screenshot of the site submitted. The screenshot would be used as the main image and any attachments thereafter would be 1, 2, 3, 4... and displayed on Item View.

There would also need to be an Item moderation option (owner or other user groups) to Update Screenshot if the website changes.

At any time, if it's enabled, the screenshot could also be swapped out with an attachment instead.

I'd be unsure how Update Screenshot would be tackled if an attachment is later used in its place. But, I'm sure there's a way to separate the two.

Upvote 0
Back