• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Article tab for RMS Items

Alpha1

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
I'd love to be able to post articles to an RMS Item. i.e. have a tab that lists articles and also show article titles on the overview page.

This would be really useful for various use cases:
  • For Businesses, Stores, etc, I need to display news articles about the business.
  • For Products, it would be nice to add articles about the product.
I think there are various ways how it could work:
  1. Embed an entire AMS article
    OR
  2. Use the EmbedResolver to display AMS articles on the RMS Item.
    OR
  3. Add functionality to post an article directly to the RMS Item.
    OR
  4. Display a sidebar widget with AMS articles that mention the Item name.
Maybe there is another more feasible way to accomplish the goal?

Upvote 0
Maybe there is another more feasible way to accomplish the goal?
I create a custom item fields with the display location of "Own tab" and the field type Rich Text Editor. Then I just add links to articles there. They don't need to be AMS articles, they could be Article Threads and or External Articles as well.

Not sure if XF implemented Embed resolvers for RTE custom fields or not, but if they did, RMS 2.3.0 would resolved AMS 2.3.0 links as the new Embed Bbcode.

I create a custom item fields with the display location of "Own tab" and the field type Rich Text Editor. Then I just add links to articles there. They don't need to be AMS articles, they could be Article Threads and or External Articles as well.
Display a sidebar widget with AMS articles that mention the Item name.

Hmmm ... this could work really well for linking to a search forum ( with AMS, Thread, results etc.) with query words/tags about the RMS item!
The search forum/node could be undisplayed in the node list, so it essentially becomes a 'hidden' search forum dedicated entirely to showing results about the RMS Item.

Now my mind is contemplating what an RMS tab would look like that associated to a search forum id, and showed/embedded the results list within the tab 😋

Not sure if XF implemented Embed resolvers for RTE custom fields or not, but if they did, RMS 2.3.0 would resolved AMS 2.3.0 links as the new Embed Bbcode.
That could work.
Ideally snippets of the articles would also display on the overview page.

Back