• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Article Page - Set Cover Image

Bob

Developer
Staff member
With XF 2.2 taking longer than expected, I am going to move some of the features I've implemented for AMS 2.2 into AMS 2.1.x (starting with AMS 2.1.13).

As per title, you can now set one of the image attachments that have been uploaded to an Article Page as a Cover Image for an Article Page.

The Article Page Cover Image is used mainly for Sharing Services (like Twitter, Facebook, etc). It will also be used for the thumbnail icon for things like Search results, Page Embeds etc. Its DESIGN is 99.9% for Social Sharing so that when you share a article page to twitter, it will use the PAGE Cover Image (if there is one) instead of the Article Cover Image. Fall back uses the Article Cover Image or in the case of no Article Cover Image, it will use a Category Image if one is available.

Some misc screenshots... .

The first one shows you that there will be a "Set cover image" link when there are any image attachments uploaded to a page and the viewing user has permission to set cover image (which is piggybacked off of the canEdit() permission check).

Selection_999(148).png

Setting a page cover image is the same as setting an article cover image. It will display any image attachments that have been uploaded to the Page.

Selection_999(149).png

When a page has a cover image, it will use that to display on various pages that display "page" content (like search results).

Here are 3 search results. The first 2 results are article pages and they are displaying a page cover image. The 3rd result is the actual article, so you can see that the page cover images are different than the article's cover image (and are different from each other).

Selection_999(147).png

Here I am setting a different cover image for the page in the 1st result...

Selection_999(150).png

And if I do the search again, its now using the new cover image upload_2020-6-4_8-47-46.gif

Selection_999(151).png

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back