• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Article: Add article to series

palhanow

AMS
Hello Bob, one of my suggestions of today for AMS.

I really enjoyed the option to add a page to a article (multi-page options), is much more easy to handle multi-pages articles in that format.

In the same way, i would suggest the option (maybe via the sub menu of the article) to add directly to a existing Article Series.

I hope you guys appreciate this.

Reactions: Bob
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
As mentioned in this thread (Updated - Series: Several misc updates), Update #4: Article Owners can now add their Article to a Series directly from the Article itself instead of having to navigate to the series just to add an article to it.

I've added a new feature to Articles that allow articles to be added to a series directly from the Article page itself.

If the viewing user has permission to add the Article to a series in general, whether it be one of their own or a community series, and the article is not currently in a series already, the viewing user will see a new button [Add to series] as shown below.

Selection_999(019).png

Clicking on the [Add to series] button will launch a form in an overlay as shown below.

There are 3 different options to choose from.
  • The first one is based on the viewing user. This will fetch all series that are owned or managed by the viewing user.
  • The second one fetches all community series IF the viewing user has global permission to post articles in community series.
  • The 3rd one is mainly for staff, which allows them to set a Series that they don't own, but are allowed to add articles to because they are staff.

Selection_999(020).png

Back