• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Article Management System AMS as a reviews system?

mono

AMS Premium
RMS Premium
Showcase
Now I'm thinking of adding reviews system to the forum and it seems that AMS could be smthg that is suitable for it. But I'd like to find out what it definitely can.
To be more clear I'd like to tell how I see this reviews system:
  • Possibility to create categories of products (brands) with subcategories (models) in which users could post their reviews. Also it should be not only one review, but unlimited. Subcategories should have an option with some simple description and custom fields which I'll prepare while creating category.
  • Possibility to set some custom fields in review where user could choose something I already set.
  • Pros and Cons at the end of review
  • Rating with custom parameters for user's voting
The most close example I could imagine is Yandex.Market with it's reviews: Отзывы покупателей о модели Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72 (sorry, it's on russian, you could translate the page with google)
Is that all possible with AMS?

AMS has most everything that Showcase has, however, I would use Showcase for a Reviews addon before AMS. Im actually developing a Reviews Management System (same basic framework as Showcase and AMS, cept a lot more powerful and focused purely on Review functionality). Its a VERY LONG ways out tho (next year sometime).

AMS could be used, be seriously, its geared towards ARTICLE, Guides, How To's (Textual Content).

I see. Thanks, @Bob. I think I'll better wait for your release of RMS or make a custom order, cuz as you said it should be more focused. Would you share more detailed of how your RMS will look like?

AMS has most everything that Showcase has, however, I would use Showcase for a Reviews addon before AMS. Im actually developing a Reviews Management System (same basic framework as Showcase and AMS, cept a lot more powerful and focused purely on Review functionality). Its a VERY LONG ways out tho (next year sometime).

AMS could be used, be seriously, its geared towards ARTICLE, Guides, How To's (Textual Content).
In case I'll start to use Showcase for reviews do you think that it will be possibile to import items and reviews from SC to RMS?

Yes. There will be a SC to RMS importer that will import Categories, Items, Comments, Reviews, Custom Item Fields, Custom Review Fields and Prefixes.
Thank you Bob.

Another question, it will be possible to import to RMS only specific categories in case showcase will be used for different content in different categories?

How to I sign up for early adopter for Reviews System (I am currently using Showcase and Articles)
I do not sell license's until I have a stable 1.0.0 version of the addon. When the time comes, there will be an announcement.

Thank you Bob.

Another question, it will be possible to import to RMS only specific categories in case showcase will be used for different content in different categories?
No. Importing will import ALL the content from the source. Converting is something you can do individually or by bulk.

Am I correct that if we apply a route filter: /showcase => /reviews
Then after Showcase is imported into RMS item URL's would stay the same?

About the RMS, don't you think that it's going to cannibalize Showcase?

Or RMS will be a "light" version of SC with more features reviews oriented?

RMS will be the most powerful addon that I've ever released, so no, it won't be a "light" version of anything
WOW

I'm very happy about this!! Please keep in consideration my suggestion about meta tag title "Dynamic titles".

have you any little news about RMS? :love:
RMS 1.0.0 Beta 1 was installed on my private development site yesterday and today, anyone that owns an EA license which gives them access to my private development site can participate in the close beta testing.

Everyone that has an EA license for Showcase, AMS or UBS has access to my private development site and has been getting regular updates on RMS. That is a benefit of owning an EA license.

Hey @Bob, any more news on RMS? Eagerly awaiting!
The XF2 version of RMS is in development and will be available to existing RMS license holders later this year.

The XF1 version of RMS in no longer in development (only maintenance releases) however, it is still available (exclusively to Premium license holders).

RMS 1.0.0 stable was released in MAY of 2017 as a private addon (exclusive to members that own a Premium license). The current version available is RMS 1.2.5 (its had 2 major 2nd point releases packed full of new functionality).

As mentioned, RMS (as well as all my xf1 addons) is in maintenance only status now as my development focus is 100% on XF2.

Currently, only members that own a Premium level license (either Showcase Premium, AMS Premium or UBS Premium) qualify to purchase an RMS license (and I am only offering RMS at the Premium tier level for the XF1 version (no RMS Standard level license are being sold).

Members that are serious about wanting RMS for XF1, can contact me in private (via conversation) and I will give them Temp access to my private development site so they can see RMS in action and discuss upgrading any existing standard license to a Premium license which will allow you to purchase a Premium license for RMS.

Last edited:
Im willing to purchase RMS, and agree to purchase Showcase EA as the prerequisite. But i dont see Showcase EA in the pruduct list. Is it same with Showcase Premium? If yes then i will purchase it now.
I have a Showcase license right now.

Im willing to purchase RMS, and agree to purchase Showcase EA as the prerequisite. But i dont see Showcase EA in the pruduct list. Is it same with Showcase Premium? If yes then i will purchase it now.
I have a Showcase license right now.
I use to have 3 license tiers (Standard, Premium and EA [Early Adopter]). I've reduced that to 2 tiers (Standard and Premium). All members that had Premium license had their license upgraded for FREE to EA license. I then removed the OLD Premium license from the system and renamed the EA license to "Premium". So when you see any reference to EA or Early Adopter, that now applies to Premium license.

btw, you don't need to PURCHASE a new Showcase Premium license, you just need to CONTACT ME (via conversation) to upgrade your existing one (its A LOT cheaper to upgrade to a Premium license than to purchase a new license).

Please start a conversation with me to discuss RMS and upgrading your Showcase license (as this thread it not the place for it).

Back