• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Partially Implemented Advanced information about items that are currently in moderation

M

Mathis Neumann

Hi there,
currently I (and my team) are moderating each item that gets created since I don't want any spammers to create a showcase. What I noticed is that almost every time an item gets created, the corresponding user does not seem to know that I need to allow that item to get displayed, so what I end up with is that the users create the same item again. The first item in the moderation queue is often more or less a draft of the item they want to create. They create the item just filling in basic information - like I would do it too - save that - want to (more or less) preview what the page will look like, save and can't find their item, so they start from scratch and create a new one.

So what I think should get better:
  • Make clear that the item that they just created needs to get approval (I thought about that the item could be shown in listings as normal only visible for the creator, but marked with a big "pending")
  • Give users the ability to edit their own items which are currently in the moderation queue
  • Let them know via alerts that the item is approved - which could be already implemented, did not test that, to be honest

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
As I've already mentioned, the "moderation" stuff built in currently is very basic and 100% built for Administrators ie, there is no User UI stuff built in yet. More advanced moderation stuff is forthcoming to include UI for users.

I've added a Moderated Items sidebar module on the "Your Showcase Items" page that will display any of your items that are in 'moderation' status. Only the Item owner can see this module and only displays on the item owners "Your Showcase Items" page. It will also display items that have been submitted and disapproved (soft deleted). It won't (cause it can't) display any submitted items that have been disapproved and hard deleted. Disapproved items will only display for x amount of days. The module is purely display, ie, there are no "links" to access the items as once they are sent into moderation, you can not edit them.

• Give users the ability to edit their own items which are currently in the moderation queue
  • Let them know via alerts that the item is approved - which could be already implemented, did not test that, to be honest

Just letting you know that neither of these will be implemented.

1. NO. Items in the moderation queue are only accessible by those with permission to access the moderation queue. This will NOT be bypassed.

2. This should (and needs to be) a core xenforo functionality IMO. Not wasting my time on this as it will be in core xenforo.

Neither of these are open for discussion.

Back