• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

2.5.0 => 2.5.4

1im

Showcase
Can I just upload and install 2.5.4 or should I install in order 2.5.1 => 2.5.2 => 2.5.3 => 2.5.4

Been awhile since I upgraded. =}

Can I just upload and install 2.5.4
In most cases (and in this case) yes. The only time you can't is when an upgrade has a minimum version requirement (which in that case, you'd need to upgrade to that version first, then upgrade the the lastest).

Reactions: 1im
There is none. If you try and upgrade and there is one, the installer will throw an error message that states there is a minimum version requirement (and it will specify what that version is).

You can upgrade from SC 2.5.0 to SC 2.5.4 without having to run all the middle versions.

Reactions: 1im
There is none. If you try and upgrade and there is one, the installer will throw an error message that states there is a minimum version requirement (and it will specify what that version is).

You can upgrade from SC 2.5.0 to SC 2.5.4 without having to run all the middle versions.

Thanks @Bob

Hi, @Bob! Could you help me, please?
I just upgraded from 2.5.0 to the current version. Outdated templates appeared.

SItPQWa.jpg

What should I do with them? Merge, revert or save and exit, perhaps? :)

It depends on how much (if any) customization you've done on a given template. I always tell people to revert and then reapply any customization that they are wanting to do (as core code could have changed and its always important to make sure core code isn't missing). Merging is for those that understand the template syntax and can make a decision on how to properly merge. If you make the wrong merge, you could be cutting out important functionality in that template (which is why I always say its better to revert and then customize again).

Back