• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

XF2 Images missing in Grid Layout

BoostN

Showcase
I've rebuild all of the showcase caches in my AdminCP. Anything else I'm missing?

This is a test conversion on my local machine:

upload_2019-1-3_21-13-26.png

So its just the images on Grid View? They display just fine in List View? How about when viewing the item itself?

Its acting like the system can't find the physical thumbnail image.

Maybe try and rebuild attachment thumbnails (XenForo attachments).

Also, what happens when you EDIT one of those showcase items. Is there any attachments listed? What happens after saving.

Can't say I've seen this particular issue before, so its a bunch of guessing (since I can't access your local host to do any troubleshooting).

Also, can you right click on the broken image and tell me what the PATH is? Another possibility is that those 3 items do not have cover images, but the Category has an assigned Category Image and that Category Image can't be found on the server (might be in the old Showcase 2.x Folder and not in the new Showcase 3.x Folder (which if that is the case, that is an easy fix to just move those images).

Sorry, I checked out early last night. This is on my local PC at home..when I'm off work I'll get all of this info. Yes, if you open the item the images are there.

No need to be sorry. Being that this is on your local host, there is no way for me to troubleshoot without guessing, so I am going to have to troubleshoot by asking you a lot of questions that I'd normally be able to answer myself if I had access to the site. Things like right clicking on the broken image to see what the PATH to that broken image is tells me A LOT (like if its looking for a category image or an attachment thumbnail).

When you get home and have time, please try all of the stuff above (and answer as much as you can), then try some of the following.

What happens when you EDIT one of those items and SAVE the item?

When you select "Set cover image" from the more options drop down, is there a cover image set? If not, set one, then check the listing page again.

Does the Full Size Cover image display?

Does the Gallery for the item display? (both the thumbnails and full size image)?

If you'd like to take this private, just start a convo.

Here is the path:

imageUrl.png

After opening an item, then edit, then save the image then appears.

Pre Save:
imageMissing.PNG

Post Save:
imageMissing2.PNG

Also, no different in grid or list view (I misspoke earlier)

imageMissingGride.PNG

imageurl-png.5139
That is looking for a CATEGORY image.

Probably need to move all your old category images (from SC 2.x) to the new structure for XF2.

OLD: /styles/default/nflj/showcase/category_images
NEW: /styles/default/xenaddons/showcase/category_images

After opening an item, then edit, then save the image then appears.
Thats probably because the process is actually SETTING the cover image.

What I don't understand (and I have NO WAY to troubleshoot) is how on earth the cover images got UNSET on your local host environment.

Do you have a Web Accessible TEST site or do you do all of your testing on local host?

When you have time, can you please create a NEW item, upload an image to it and see if the item saves the uploaded image as a Cover Image (it should, but just want to test for sure) (also check that the newly created item does display the image on the listing.

Is this a TRUE "Test" environment (meaning that you can blow it away and start over again) or is this your actual test environment that has already been upgrade to XF2 and can't be rolled back?

Sorry for so many questions, I just don't have all the information I need in order to help.

Do you have a Web Accessible TEST site or do you do all of your testing on local host?

Not currently, but I can do that for you.

When you have time, can you please create a NEW item, upload an image to it and see if the item saves the uploaded image as a Cover Image (it should, but just want to test for sure) (also check that the newly created item does display the image on the listing.

This seems to work fine, I have the image like I would expect.

newItem.PNG

That is looking for a CATEGORY image.

Probably need to move all your old category images (from SC 2.x) to the new structure for XF2.

OLD: /styles/default/nflj/showcase/category_images
NEW: /styles/default/xenaddons/showcase/category_images

This seemed to correct the broken images within the view:

missingImageHolder.PNG

So it looks like the issue is somehow the Cover Images were UNSET during the upgrade (which is really weird). Im wondering if maybe they were not properly set PRIOR to the upgrade (and that because Category Images were not in place, it just appeared as things were broke, but it might have not looked broke because category images were displaying before hand? I am just guessing out loud as there is no way to know unless there is a way to start over again and do some Pre Upgrade verification before running the upgrade.

Its good to see that the Category Images ARE displaying. Do you think that those items that were not displaying images, were displaying Category Images before hand (or can you confirm for sure they were displaying cover images)?

Back