• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Rate items in half star steps

it_

Showcase
I would like to make this suggestion.

Currently items can only be rated with full stars, like this: Sterne.PNG
But my users would like to be able to rate with half stars too. Like this: Stern².PNG

Is this possible for a future update?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't think core XenForo rating.js has that ability (on the rating end). It has the ability to display 1/2 stars, but not to rate. I'll look into it tho.

Reactions: it_
btw, is this for the Item Owner Review (SC 2.3.0) or for User Reviews or for both?

For both would be best, just for User Reviews also would be fine. Thank you for considering.

I might move away from using the stars as a rating mechanism and just use them as display. Using them for rating is slaved to 1-2-3-4-5 (it doesn't allow for 1/2 ratings). There are cases where people want more than 1/2 ratings as well (like 1/4 ratings). I may just move to a admin configurable drop down at some point.

I might move away from using the stars as a rating mechanism and just use them as display. Using them for rating is slaved to 1-2-3-4-5 (it doesn't allow for 1/2 ratings). There are cases where people want more than 1/2 ratings as well (like 1/4 ratings). I may just move to a admin configurable drop down at some point.
Personally i hope you stay with Stars for the front end look for rating, its more clear to what its for and just a far better look.
I know its likely more work but could you not code a star rating that lets you do smaller steps, that matches the xenforo look, but without using the xenforo code?

Eg something like this: http://www.univie.ac.at/ptox/uploads/fivestars/previewpackage/upload/code.html

After giving this A LOT of thought, I am going to move this to Future Consideration to see what changes come with XF 2.0 and the core XF Rating system.

I prefer to stick to Core XF for integration/standardization reasons.

Back