• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Widget Offset

erich

AMS
Showcase
Hello Bob,

I was building my homepage using AMS and I was wondering if there was a way to offset the widgets articles by number? I see there is a date - but I'm not sure if the date will work for what I'm trying to do.

offset.jpg

Here is what my layout looks like so far.
I have the latest articles widget set up for both but with different layout styles.

The issues is the top three articles are the latest ones published and the bottom ones I would need to be offset by +3 so they they do not duplicate the articles.

Is this possible?

Thanks for all your help and work.

There is nothing like that in any of the Widget Definitions that I've developed (nor have I seen anything like that in any of the Widget Definitions that are included with Core XF, XFRM or XFMG.

Doesn't mean its not possible to develop, just means I've not seen anything like that. If you'd like, I can move this to suggestions?

I did something in XF1 Modular Index that allowed you to configure a multi block (a single block, that used 2 layout types) and it was done via "Headlines" (you set the amount and the display style) and then you do the same for the rest of the items (set the amount and the layout type), so Headlines might display in a Carousel and directly below, the rest of the items would display in Grid View (just one configuration example). Something like that might work

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I can get away with using a css trick by making three widgets and having them show three items and use nth child display none to get what I want in the meantime. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something in the widget settings.

Yeah, I think I would like to offer this suggestion for AMS widget if possible.

Reactions: Bob
So I managed to get it to work with some extra widgets and some nth:child css.
So now when I post a new article, every one of the blocks in the grids moves +1 article.

newgrid.jpg

Here is what I've done so far with AMS on my homepage. I ended up using the nth child trick on the featured area and the "Tidal News" area as well so I could make a two column list of published articles but not have them duplicate. Seems to be working very well so far.

devscreen.net.jpg

Back