1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Way to hide Item Description?

Discussion in 'Showcase Support' started by Pavle123, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Pavle123

Pavle123 New Member Showcase

Hello,

Is there a way to hide Item Description?
    My users get confused and they describe what is supposed to go in general field, they write it in item description, so when people enter their showcased item, they do not see any text.
    FIELD.jpg
    Is there a way to hide the item description?

I would also like to hide it, not remove it entirely, because I like the short description that is shown from this field. Since the field also fetches text from the general, is there a way to either show short preview from general field and remove the item description entirely?

Or just hide the item description when users create new item and let it generate short description from general?

I hope this make sense. I attached some photos to help you see what I mean.
    KEEP THIS.jpg

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

You can edit the two input forms and comment out that block without effecting anything.

nflj_showcase_item_create
    nflj_showcase_item_edit

FIND THIS (towards the top part of the template)
    HTML:
            <dl class="ctrlUnit">
                <dt><label for="ctrl_title">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_item_description}</label></dt>
                <dd>
                    <textarea name="description" id="ctrl_description" class="textCtrl Elastic" maxlength="250"></textarea>
                    <p class="explain">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_item_description_explain}</p>
                </dd>
            </dl>

Wrap it with the xen:comment tag so that it looks like this
    HTML:
            <xen:comment><dl class="ctrlUnit">
                <dt><label for="ctrl_title">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_item_description}</label></dt>
                <dd>
                    <textarea name="description" id="ctrl_description" class="textCtrl Elastic" maxlength="250"></textarea>
                    <p class="explain">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_item_description_explain}</p>
                </dd>
            </dl></xen:comment>

Pavle123 and BT012SS like this.
  3. Pavle123

Pavle123 New Member Showcase

Works fantastic, thanks @Bob.

Bob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.