• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Way to hide Item Description?

Pavle123

Showcase
Hello,

Is there a way to hide Item Description?
My users get confused and they describe what is supposed to go in general field, they write it in item description, so when people enter their showcased item, they do not see any text.
FIELD.jpg
Is there a way to hide the item description?

I would also like to hide it, not remove it entirely, because I like the short description that is shown from this field. Since the field also fetches text from the general, is there a way to either show short preview from general field and remove the item description entirely?

Or just hide the item description when users create new item and let it generate short description from general?

I hope this make sense. I attached some photos to help you see what I mean.
KEEP THIS.jpg

You can edit the two input forms and comment out that block without effecting anything.

nflj_showcase_item_create
nflj_showcase_item_edit

FIND THIS (towards the top part of the template)
HTML:
        <dl class="ctrlUnit">
            <dt><label for="ctrl_title">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_item_description}</label></dt>
            <dd>
                <textarea name="description" id="ctrl_description" class="textCtrl Elastic" maxlength="250"></textarea>
                <p class="explain">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_item_description_explain}</p>
            </dd>
        </dl>

Wrap it with the xen:comment tag so that it looks like this
HTML:
        <xen:comment><dl class="ctrlUnit">
            <dt><label for="ctrl_title">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_item_description}</label></dt>
            <dd>
                <textarea name="description" id="ctrl_description" class="textCtrl Elastic" maxlength="250"></textarea>
                <p class="explain">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_item_description_explain}</p>
            </dd>
        </dl></xen:comment>

Back